Adding players and staff to harchester united (id 151988)

beutros

Has anyone encountered this problem because I always seem to come across it?...

If I take the existing Harchester United Club in the editor and then add players and staff (and assign a league, country etc) then when I come to start a new career then those players and staff are not always present.

However if I duplicate the club and call it "Harchester" and add the same players and staff then this new ID version of Harchester has all my additions, staff and players.  Does anyone know the reason for this?  I read another user having a similar problem saying that going to the Advanced option and enabling all players from the nation solved this problem but it doesn't.  If I select England then at least all the english staff should be there.

This also doesn't explain why if I assign the same staff to a different team then they appear immediately whenever I start a new career.

For some reason it just seems to be Harchester id 151988 that has this strange phenomenon.

Anyone got any further insight into this?  Would be much appreciated.

B

On 26/11/2018 at 03:02, beutros said:

Has anyone encountered this problem because I always seem to come across it?...

If I take the existing Harchester United Club in the editor and then add players and staff (and assign a league, country etc) then when I come to start a new career then those players and staff are not always present.

However if I duplicate the club and call it "Harchester" and add the same players and staff then this new ID version of Harchester has all my additions, staff and players.  Does anyone know the reason for this?  I read another user having a similar problem saying that going to the Advanced option and enabling all players from the nation solved this problem but it doesn't.  If I select England then at least all the english staff should be there.

This also doesn't explain why if I assign the same staff to a different team then they appear immediately whenever I start a new career.

For some reason it just seems to be Harchester id 151988 that has this strange phenomenon.

Anyone got any further insight into this?  Would be much appreciated.

B

upload a file and I'll take a look.

That's really kind of you Bigpole.  In the end I just duplicated 151988 and created a Harchester team from that (and that works fine)  I don't have the original file anymore but the problem is very easy to reproduce.  If I make another team I will send it to you.  

1.  Using the editor, Search for the Harchester club in the database (id 151988).

2. Add some database players to the club (or create new ones of your own)

3. In "competitions" swap Harchester with a team in one of the leagues like the English Premier League (e.g. swap Cardiff for Harchester)

4. Start a new career and you can see that the players you added won't appear.

I spoke to another user who has the same problem and he couldn't work it out either and just ended up duplicating the team as well.  It's very unusual.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  I'll try and reproduce the save again at some point but the problem is very generic.

Archived