Help With Qualifying Teams for Playoff

tariq13

Looking for help qualifying teams for a playoff. I'm creating the second division in the United States. The league structure is Stage 0: group stage, 2 groups, top 8 teams from each group qualify for playoff. Stage 1: playoff for group 1. Stage 2: playoff for group 2. Stage 3: final, winner of State 1 and Stage 2.

The problem I'm running into is that when I validate is the error message that no teams have been found in Stage 1. It's looking for 8 but found 0. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone created a playoff in this year's editor? I feel like a lot of things that used to work in last year's editor are suddenly not working in this one. I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

PS - I haven't created stage 3 in the file I uploaded. I'll do that after I fix this problem.

USA Update.fmf

So I was able to get teams qualified for the playoff round, but now the problem I'm running into is that it the game seems to be qualifying a random set of teams. It's not taking the teams that finish 1st - 8th. Not sure what to do about this.

USA test.fmf

I thought I did, but I looked at them again and realized I didn't have the round names matching correctly to the fates. At least, I think that's what did it because now teams are qualifying to the next round. However, now I'm running into a new error that doesn't make any sense. It says the number of dates set in stage 1 of the comp is 0 but should be 30. I'm not sure what that means since stage 1 is the playoff round, so there shouldn't be 30 dates, but also I've set the dates for each round. Not sure what this means.

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 8.00.41 PM.png

USA test.fmf

No, stage 1 is a cup stage. Here's the league structure: stage 0 is a group stage of two groups, group 1 has 16 teams and group 2 has. 17 teams. Teams play only the other teams in their group, they play each team. twice. The top 8 teams from each group move on to a playoff round. Stage 1 is the. cup round for the top 8 teams from group 1 in stage 0, and Stage 2 is the cup round for the top 8 teams from group 2 in stage 0.

2 minutes ago, tariq13 said:

No, stage 1 is a cup stage. Here's the league structure: stage 0 is a group stage of two groups, group 1 has 16 teams and group 2 has. 17 teams. Teams play only the other teams in their group, they play each team. twice. The top 8 teams from each group move on to a playoff round. Stage 1 is the. cup round for the top 8 teams from group 1 in stage 0, and Stage 2 is the cup round for the top 8 teams from group 2 in stage 0.

your problem is top division - i guess - not second division.

Archived