By a new space do you mean like a new window that you swipe sideways to? What I did was open a new desktop, then open steam in said new desktop, if you right-click the steam icon on the bar at the bottom you'll find the option something along the lines of "assign to this desktop" then as long as you don't delete the desktop, every time you open FM, even from your original desktop, it'll open in this new secondary one. Hope that if I understood your question right, my answer makes sense

2 hours ago, zlatanera said:

By a new space do you mean like a new window that you swipe sideways to? What I did was open a new desktop, then open steam in said new desktop, if you right-click the steam icon on the bar at the bottom you'll find the option something along the lines of "assign to this desktop" then as long as you don't delete the desktop, every time you open FM, even from your original desktop, it'll open in this new secondary one. Hope that if I understood your question right, my answer makes sense

Yes, that is helpful, but all it does it that it gets FM to open on top of Steam, whatever desktop Steam is set to.

What I would like is for FM to automatically open in its own Space (aka Desktop) in a similar way to other games: its own independent, separate from Steam and anything else, full-screen 'sideways swipeable' Space.

I mean, it is only a very small smart touch, because it is quite easy to use command+tab to go between apps, but I just thought it would be a nice added touch to the game, making it similar to other games operating on Apple Macs.

14 hours ago, jenvaskes said:

Yes, that is helpful, but all it does it that it gets FM to open on top of Steam, whatever desktop Steam is set to.

What I would like is for FM to automatically open in its own Space (aka Desktop) in a similar way to other games: its own independent, separate from Steam and anything else, full-screen 'sideways swipeable' Space.

I mean, it is only a very small smart touch, because it is quite easy to use command+tab to go between apps, but I just thought it would be a nice added touch to the game, making it similar to other games operating on Apple Macs.

It used to for me, I don't know why it changes on FM18. Maybe something in steam settings, or settings in the game?

Archived