FM Touch vs FM12

Question for the FM experts. I'm still playing on FM2012 at the moment,  so a bit behind,  but looking to upgrade.  I'm not sure my laptop will handle the newer version,  so how does the tablet version compare to the older pc versions. 

I know the tablet version lacks a lot of the functionality of the newer pc versions,  but if I'm coming from FM12, will I notice it being worse than that? 

I'm not sure.  12 or 13 was the last full fat version I played, and I hated it.

If you really like the 'extra' duties in the game (half time team talks, press conferences, player meetings etc) and things like morale, tactics familiarity etc. influencing the results, then I would say Touch is not for you.

If you mainly want the game to be about managing your squad (signing / selling players, fitness, unhappiness through not playing), choosing your tactics and managing your finances (wage bills, transfers etc) then you will love Touch.

I didn't fall back in love with FM (started on CM 93/94) until I bought Touch16.  It is IMO an almost perfect version of what the core of FM is (and was) always about.

The stripped back play allows you to play multiple seasons in a career, and build up a club (or career) over many years.  Having a job, kids etc I was struggling to get through more than a couple of seasons in a year previously.

There are some niggles, and some things lacking that are a real hassle (not being able to view player stats in game to make a sub for example), but on the whole if you just want the guts of the game, it's really good.

I loved FM 2012 but got tired of some the bugs in later versions so drifted away for a few years. I bought all the versions of FM 2018 on sale earlier this year. Tried the full version but found it a bit long-winded. 

Then tried FM Touch 18 and loved it. It had much more detail than I was expecting. Reminded me of the FMs from 10 years or so ago. 2D match engine is OK for me. It is "back to basics" FM and there'll always be a couple of things you miss but it is perfect for me as I only usually play a few hours a week. 

I am on PC though. I like the idea of a tablet version but don't want to be limited with the number of playable leagues. 

Archived