Buy back clauses

Im currently managing lyon and memphis depay is on fire, lukily fekir is the 1 getting all the attention, but what i want to ask is, with depay having a 35 million buy back clause in place with man utd, does that remain should i offer him a new contract or is it a seperate deal with the club, which is unaffected by the players contract 

1 hour ago, natyd said:

Im currently managing lyon and memphis depay is on fire, lukily fekir is the 1 getting all the attention, but what i want to ask is, with depay having a 35 million buy back clause in place with man utd, does that remain should i offer him a new contract or is it a seperate deal with the club, which is unaffected by the players contract 

I believe it is unaffected by his contract on the game, I don't know if this applies in real life. I'm not sure how likely United are to trigger it in-game given how well-stocked they usually get in attacking areas. 

It's unaffected by you offering Depay a new contract, as the buy-back clause is part of the sale contract with Man United - it has nothing to do with Depay's personal contract.

Archived