Agent Fee £0 - is that unusual?

I had an offer accepted by Ajax for a young DC. The contract appeared, full of clauses, but the Agent Fee was set to zero, and greyed out. Is this normal practice when dealing with younger players, I mean, he was already on a professional contract? I don't get it, but then I am totally new to FM Touch on the Switch, and just started my first save.

The Agent was Elin Martina by the way. (no relationship to me, and regarded as a very impatient negotiator)

The introduction of agents was one of the reasons I stopped playing the full game - if I'd known it would be this easy...

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, pigfacemonkeyman said:

I had an offer accepted by Ajax for a young DC. The contract appeared, full of clauses, but the Agent Fee was set to zero, and greyed out. Is this normal practice when dealing with younger players, I mean, he was already on a professional contract? I don't get it, but then I am totally new to FM Touch on the Switch, and just started my first save.

The Agent was Elin Martina by the way. (no relationship to me, and regarded as a very impatient negotiator)

The introduction of agents was one of the reasons I stopped playing the full game - if I'd known it would be this easy...

It depends, there are certain laws in some countries that prohibit agent fees, and in some countries the fees are very low anyway. In others, with high profile players they can be extortionate too!

Archived