League level vs training facilities when loaning a player out

Sorry if this has been asked before, I've had a look around but can't find an answer to this specific case.

I'm playing FM18 and have a promising 18-year-old player that I want to loan out. I'm currently in the first division, and my assistant says the player is well-suited to second division football.

I'm trying to choose between two clubs to loan him to:

• Second division, adequate training facilities, predicted to be relegation strugglers

• Third division, excellent training facilities, predicted to finish mid table

Both teams are saying my player will be a first-team regular for them.

In this situation, which would be better for my player's development?

It will depend on various other factors;

- Is there are big gap in quality between the leagues. If there is a small gap then dropping down won't be a problem, as players tend to improve more when playing well which is easier to do when your team is playing well - so a team struggling against relegation might not be that great (especially if the coach gets fired and the new manager doesn't play your player).

- Actual team performances the 2nd team might do well and find itself in mid-table, whilst the 3rd side might struggle against relegation, in this case the 2nd side would be better as you want him to go to the team performing well.

- Is the player a leading player for 2nd Division, or only decent - if he's only decent then playing at the bottom of 2nd or top of 3rd likely won't make much difference, but if he's a leading 2nd then playing in the 3rd isn't likely to be good for him.

If there isn't much between the sides I'd accept both offers and let the player decide which he prefers.

Thanks for your help. I'm playing in Spain so I don't think there's a huge difference between second and third tier. The big gap is between second and first tier.

My assistant says the player is "very well-suited to Segunda División football". Would that mean he's a leading player for that division, or average?

1 hour ago, Waterish said:

My assistant says the player is "very well-suited to Segunda División football". Would that mean he's a leading player for that division, or average?

Average. If he were a good/decent/leading player then the report would say those words.

3 hours ago, Neotropolis said:

Average. If he were a good/decent/leading player then the report would say those words.

Gotcha, thanks. I guess in that case the third division team may be better, as he's more likely to get in decent form and will be training at great facilities (better than those at my own club, in fact).

Archived