Player Development advice

Hello everyone,

My scouts have found a wonderkid regen I like the look of, Josef Polak, who at 19 is already a 27 cap full international. Moreover he has a £6.5m release clause so wouldn't break the bank. Here he is-

Josef Polak 1Josef Polak 2

I have 2 questions really:

1. Should I sign him? I am managing Ajax and already have a fairly full midfield for my squad, including promising youngsters. I could do with a good 2nd right full back/wingback, and his pace and positioning look good, but I already have a 19 year old fullback I like a lot. In a similar retraining mould I could maybe look to train him as a centre-back, as at Ajax we like our technical players and we have no top prospects at cb yet, but then would that be a waste of his quickness and would it be better to just sign a good young 'pure' defender?

2. How would you train him? He seems a fairly gifted player, so I would like to make the most of his talents if he heads to Amsterdam. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this, any advice is welcome.

If he didn't fit my tactic, even as a rotation player, I would probably still buy him. If he is better than your current midfielders, sell one of them.

For that price, it's  a no-brainer. Even if you end up loaning him out for a season or two, money will be made.

At 19 yrs old he is the sort of player I rethink my tactic and look at building a team around.

Archived