Manager / Ass. Manager Hidden Attributes

Hi guys, I am an italian FM player as well as a long-time lurker of this forum.

In the last year I tried to play FM with the most possible realistic approach, delegating to my staff the tasks for which they are hired and focusing only on managing the matches.

Most of all I tried to use the Pre-Match Tactical advices of my assistant and in some ways I found that they work, let me playing good football as Bologna, winning matches even when I'm underdog and in a couple of seasons reaching the Euro Cup placement.

But now I'm wondering what their advices come from? From the opposition analysis or from the values of hidden abilities that define their personality?

Going to analyze this hidden abilities, I found myself not understanding what some of them define (see below table for reference)

So...for example....fluidity and flexibility what do they mean? Which of the two is related to the team shape?

Sitting Back stand for?

So I wonder if any of you have ever analyzed these parameters and know the answer?

image.png

Flexibility means willingness to try different things, I believe. So a Tony Pulis, if you know who that is, would get a very low score, where as a Harry Redknapp would get a very high score. Why? Because Pulis rarely breaks from the system/tactical plan that he is comfortable with, where are Redknapp has always been willing to try any system or tactical plan to get the job done.

Fluidity was the old name for Shape so I have always assumed that it denotes the tactical Shape a coach likes to use. There are five Shape options available so perhaps 1-4 would denote a tactical preference for Highly Structured, where as 17-20 would denote a preference for Very Fluid. Not exactly sure.

5 ore fa, Atarin ha scritto:

Flexibility means willingness to try different things, I believe. So a Tony Pulis, if you know who that is, would get a very low score, where as a Harry Redknapp would get a very high score. Why? Because Pulis rarely breaks from the system/tactical plan that he is comfortable with, where are Redknapp has always been willing to try any system or tactical plan to get the job done.

Thanks for your answer, Atarin.

And how about sitting back?

Could it represent the manager's will to not press or to not go attack?

22 ore fa, phnompenhandy ha scritto:

Sitting Back means allowing the other team to have possession and not pressing high up the pitch. Soak up pressure and hit on the break. Typical of lesser teams and Mourinho.

If it so, why does he have a high value in closing down? 

Shouldn't closing down and sitting back be opposite each other?

That's what I do not understand and it drives me crazy ...  :idiot:

2 hours ago, idoru said:

You let the oppo have the ball in their half, but vigorously close down outside your penalty area.

2 hours ago, idoru said:

Closing down can happen anywhere on the pitch. It's basically the instruction for your players to leave their particular zone and aggressively pressure the opponent who is on the ball or in space.

Your team could be camped on the edge of the oppositions box or it could be camped in your own box.

The dichotomy is between closing down and sitting off.

Archived