Diablo Alado ( 4-2-4)

After playing about with a number of formations during FM18 this is the one that i have  had the most fun with its far from a plug and go as you have to watch the games like a hawk or it could all go wrong for you pretty quick. I have  had success with Villarreal which i came second the first season then once i got the target man in i needed we dominated from then on. Also i have used with Luton and got successive promotions to the premier league and after a season of consolidation we qualified for the champions league before then winning the League from then on. Used this on a few other Villarreal saves as well with similar success.

The Formation

tactic.thumb.PNG.e1066e3e5498c85212e985ed60954aa2.PNG

The player requirements & Ppm

You may have guessed from the name this tactic is all about the wingers, the aim is to get it to them and let them make the magic happen by either crossing the ball in for the forwards to benefit from or the winger on the other side to come in at the back stick to score or cut back for someone else to try. As you can imagine I have tried this in about  120 times before settling on this set up tried various different roles with pi's - this now gives me what i want and plays out like I want in my head.

SK Defend - I look for handling, reflexes, to be over 15 then worry about other attributes. 

FB Support -  I want all-round players with the mental,physical and technical ability to do a bit of everything. ( Get forward, Dribble  down wing)

CB Defend - Pace & acceleration must be double digits (the higher the better) then strength, jumping reach, positioning all 15+ then  everything else mental double figure and as close to 15 for heading,marking & tackling also as close to 16 as you can get. This pair is here to be strong players able to do there job and not get bullied.  (Mark tight, Stay on feet, switch ball to other flank)

CM Support -  The magic man  to create from the middle and lay balls off and then drive forward I want him to have 15+ decision, passing, vision and double digit pace and acceleration along with as good mental as i can get. ( Get forward, Try killer balls, switch ball to to other flank, play one twos)

CM Defend - Another important player with a lot on his shoulders, must have 15+ work rate,positioning,tackling, double figure pace & acceleration then everything else as high as i can get. 

Wingers -  These player swap position so I want the same attributes for both which is 15+ decisions ,crossing , vision.  double digit pace,acceleration,work rate and dribbling as high as i can get. ( Dribble down wing, play one twos)

Target Man Support - Another very important player he is going to smash the other team up and you will notice him have 2 sometimes 3 players on him which cause holes to appear for others to exploit. 15+ on strength,aggression,bravery,heading ( I did have jumping reach on this but as long as you have  the other 4 they will make up for this so double figures will do) pace and acceleration must be double digit and  then there other technical and mental as good as you can get . The better they are the more he will be able to contribute to your team.  ( play one twos, static dependent on player)

Poacher - 15+ oth,pace,acceleration, composure, technique, anticipation,first touch,decisions,finishing,crossing. (play one twos, move into channels)

This is what I look for in my players I can not always get them because the players are not there as I dont play as top table clubs, so you have to use your head and adjust to what you can find but these numbers are the ideal world situation. To steal a phrase from Rashidi my club dna is pace,acceleration,determination,work rate,strength,double digits but as high as i can get. I love the one two ppm for my  players as it helps us cut through teams and with the runners i have we can be really devastating on the counter.

Game plan

I always watch the game on comp until i am happy then switch to key, if we are not winning after 10 mins i will look at the stats if we are not getting shots on goal then i stick work into box on and watch again, still no joy or the high line is getting me worried i will drop that back to see what does. 30 mins in still goal less i will look to exploit both wings  and watch again then hammer them at half time if we are not winning. Still no luck i start moving up the risk i will take and try to stretch my team out more. If we go behind i will try and try react to the situation.

First time i have done one of these so forgive me if i have forgot anything.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bloetm7br8timdf/Diablo Alado.fmf?dl=0

Training i just get the best tactical knowledge i can for my scout and do what he recommends, do you not get the oi when you download the tactic?

oi.PNG

s2.PNG

s3.PNG

s4.PNG

Archived