Which Striker to sign?

WhiskeyDingo

Link to player comparison.

https://imgur.com/a/DBYuK

Both can play as Complete Forward or False 9 roles.

The blue player is 6'4, 23 years old, and 'fairly sporting' personality. 4.5 filled stars potential.

The green player is 5'7, 21 years old, and 'fairly professional' personality. 4 filled stars potential with the 5th star filled black.

Totally torn on who to sign. Both fill the roles I want up top. Suggestions?

48 minutes ago, Rooks said:

Bruno Petkovic. Simple reason - he cost less and his salary is only around 1/5 of what the other player already earns. 

Well Bruno's club is less interested in selling and the way I'm trying to structure the deals both clubs end up asking 8-9 million for either player. I only need one and can really afford one if I want to address other squad needs.

Good point about the salary; but  in another tab it says Bruno would be asking for 1.0 - 1.4 million while Neal would ask for 2.0 - 4.3 million salary although I can probably get both to ask for less.

So cost wise the difference is only about 1 million in salary.

I'm willing to pay more salary for the better long term player. I'm just totally torn as to which that is. So hard to pick!

Cost always needs to be a consideration, but you've indicated both are affordable, so I will leave that out of it.

If it were me I'd buy Maupay. In a case like this where it's essentially a toss up, I will prioritize mental attributes. Maupay has better decisions, concentration, composure, bravery and work rate. And for a striker he has better finishing.

Petrovic has the advantage in several attributes that might not matter that much, free kicks, corners and passing. I doubt your striker is also your corner taker.

The only reason I'd take Petrovic here is he is far better in the air, and if I thought that's what my side needs, he would be the choice. If a good aerial presence isn't required (but it's always nice), then Maupay would be the one for me, plus he's a bit younger

I also prioritize personality, and would generally prefer a professional personality over a sporting one.

But the real kicker here is agility. I place a very high value on agility in FM, and that seals the deal here for me.

All that said, these are two very different players, like Inzaghi versus Toni. I don't see them as interchangeable. One of them will be better suited to your tactical setup. They would require different team tactics to get the most out of each one in my opinion.

Archived