FM18 442/ 2-3-2-1-2 Wing Back Diamond Attacking - VALENTINO 1

VALENTINO 1

Hi guys, its been a couple of years since I last posted a tactic however I have created this one from scratch and I am really proud of it and the style. It is a 4-4-2 Diamond formation with wingbacks and is very attacking direct style but with creative passing triangles and with lots of goals and chances created. I have tested with Hamburg, Romania and now Genoa and results have been very impressive! It uses a STANDARD mentality.

GK - Standard GK role with short distribution to the centre backs.

CB - KEY PLAYERS - 2 central defenders - don't need to be ball playing or overly quick however those are an advantage. It is essential that they are good in the air, strong and have high concentration stats. They will split into wide central areas when the keeper has the ball and will then either feed the wingbacks or the anchor man centrally.

CWB - 2 wingbacks who bomb forward on attacking and provide the width and an out ball for the centre backs and midfield. They should be quick, good at crossing and passing and heading/jumping is an advantage. Even wide midfielders can fulfil this role as little defending is done by them.

DM - Anchor man - Sits in front of the central defenders and protects them defensively. Also provides an out ball for them and forms the deepest passing triangle in the team. Tackling, marking and heading are useful however this is not a key position and a decent player can fulfil this role without the team performance being affected. They will primarily pass it short so high passing stats are not essential but preferable to avoid the ball being given away. Tackling is not set to HARD to avoid books and sending's off wherever possible.

MC - 2 advanced playmakers - KEY PLAYERS - these 2 midfielders sit centrally and fire off through balls to the strikers and get on the end of any crosses with late runs. Passing and Vision are essential and the PPM "Shoots from distance" should be avoided. If they are good all round midfielders too, this is beneficial as they will also contribute to the defending however with Romania I had to use 2 attacking midfielders here and the team still performed very well.

AMC - Advanced playmaker - KEY PLAYER - who runs from deep and joins in the attacks but also forms 2 triangles, one between him and midfield and one with the 2 strikers. Passing and vision and dribbling are essential. If you can play one with good finishing and heading, even better as he will contribute to the goals.

STL - Complete Forward - KEY PLAYER - A strong all round striker who can do a bit of everything however passing and heading and advantage as is crossing whilst being physically strong. He does not have to be quicker than 13 as the other striker is the pacey one. This guy is the strong one!

STR - Advanced Forward - KEY PLAYER - A pacey finisher who likes to beat the offside trap and will get on the end of all the through balls from midfield. Crossing and heading an advantage but this guy is the finisher of the team.

Things this tactic WILL:

• Play attacking football
  • Play stylish quick football
  • Create chances and goals
  • Create big wins
  • Attain a good disciplinary record
  • Achieve 40-60% possession

Things this tactic will NOT:

• Play boring defensive football
  • Create clean sheets
  • Avoid the occasional big defeat
  • Stop 100% the exploitation of crosses into the box by the match engine
  • Achieve 80% possession

IMPORTANT NOTES:

• This tactic has taken 2 - 3 competitive games for it to take effect fully with my teams.
  • Only opposition instructions I use are to close down any wide attacking midfielders and show on to weaker foot to try and prevent crosses.
  • It is vulnerable to very strong 4-2-3-1 formations so use COUNTER to compensate for this and hit them on the break which does work.
  • Never close down full backs as this will mean your wingback leaves space behind him for the wide midfielders.
  • If playing a narrow formation, simply add the "exploit the left/right wings" to the team instructions to work around this.
  • If you are being pinned back by a stronger team or having chances created by you change the mentality to COUNTER and then assertively shout at them to expect more at half time. Never use "I expect you to pick up from last time" as I have found this hasn't worked for me this year.
  • Never drop the Wing backs to full backs as this removes the out ball for the centre backs and invites pressure.
  • Every month I reload the tactic to avoid tiny discrepancies coming into it and restoring it to 100% right.

I hope you enjoy my tactic, any feedback is welcome but please do not rename if using it as I would love it to be a well known tactic for FM18

ROMEO VALENTINO

Valentino1.fmf

Formation 1.PNG

Team Instructions.PNG

Just finished 5th with genoa, 10 points off title, won the italian cup though & both manager of year awards. Just got my big managerial move to Dortmund so will be aiming for german title this season after heavy squad rebuilding this summer!

hows other ppls season going with my tactic?

Archived