FM 2009 : Official Olympique Lyon Thread : Les Gones

Purefun

These are my tactics so far:

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=1969704&postcount=218

any suggestions?

Just having a brief look at your tactic it looks alright. You might consider putting the CB to 7 instead of 6, perhaps try tight marking with your FB also (but you can experiment with this), you may also wish to put up the CF of the AML/AMR a few notches possibly to 12/13.

Otherwise it looks like a good base to start with, you'll have to adjust things like team width dependant on the opposition etc

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't understand why one of your MC is playmaker.

It should be your AMC ? Or your MC is Pirlo-style ?

My MC is Juninho... The reason he's MC and not AMC so that he can visualize the whole game and not only the attacking part... hence an Attacking playmaker

I don't understand why one of your MC is playmaker.

It should be your AMC ? Or your MC is Pirlo-style ?

I dont think (in real life) attacking players are playmakers.

Andrea Pirlo, Xavi, just to name two, are both playmakers for their clubs, yet neither would be considered an attacking midfielder in the mould of Kaka or Lionel Messi.

Thanks HoPeY. :thup:

Means I wont be able to use Keirrison for even one game. :(

Looks ace does he not :cool:

He does.

Like I posted in another thread, my scouts said he had "the potential to be as good as our strongest Striker, Karim Benzema". Set me back £8million plus a 15% sell-on fee, but looking at his stats, his definitely worth it. :cool:

He does. Like I posted in another thread, my scouts said he had "the potential to be as good as our strongest Striker, Karim Benzema". Set me back £8million plus a 15% sell-on fee, but looking at his stats, his definitely worth it. :cool:

Lol, well I know what Benzema's CA/PA is so let's just say he can't turn out too shabby ;) worth every penny! He's my new "Fred" for Lyon :D

ThE BoMBeR

Yes, we are referring to Keirrison at Cortiba.

Will have Marcelo and Grosso out for the first 3-4 games due to international call ups... So I had to buy Mathieu who's price raised being in the middle of august.. paid 7 mil for him (2 mil upfront, 5 mil over 24 months) but as I said before being a demo I don't care :p

Edit -- Is Keirrison Brazilian from Cortiba?

He does.

Like I posted in another thread, my scouts said he had "the potential to be as good as our strongest Striker, Karim Benzema". Set me back £8million plus a 15% sell-on fee, but looking at his stats, his definitely worth it. :cool:

Lol, well I know what Benzema's CA/PA is so let's just say he can't turn out too shabby ;) worth every penny! He's my new "Fred" for Lyon :D

How do you know Benzema's CA/PA? Explain yourself boy!

And no one can replace Fred. :p

Edit -- Is Keirrison Brazilian from Cortiba?

Indeed so.

Indeed so.

Thanks

Actually I agree with tucker... Fred can be pretty decisive... he scored 3 goals in 3 friendlies (which I wasn't doing very well due to experimenting with tactics) in the late period of the game...

and I won the Champions Trophy beating Bordeaux 1-0 (Matias Fernandez with the goal)

Two words: "French Researcher"

Keirrison = Fred on 8.00 :D

You are the "French Researcher", or you know the "French Researcher"?

And Fred's goal record on 8.0.2 for my side was unbelievable, as I posted many times in the FM08 Lyon Thread.

Yes.

He has scored 10 goals in 16 Ligue 1 appearances for St. Etienne. Has yet to make his debut for me though. His wages are not that high either. (only requested £20k p/w)

My coaches say he "isn't far from having the required potential to be better than Karim Benzema".

Hey purefun... the OP is better now :D

just one question... you said Keita is nothing special... so who do you use for MR/AMR?

The reason I said he isn't nothing special is based on:

a) His stats

b) His performance

He's nothing special at either MR or AMR in my view :thup:

Alternative options with the default squad are Ederson, Juninho, Bodmer if it comes to it. Or you bring in someone else :)

well Ederson is a back up AML for me, Bodmer a starting AMC and Juninho a starting MC... so since I play with an AMR who do you recommend I'd buy instead of him?

Thanks

Firstly I'd try Ederson at AMR and see how he performs, secondly you could try Kallstrom in your formation and move Juninho out right, another option is Pjanic but he is more risky. As for transfer targets that list is endless, I don't have an extensive list of possible MR/AMR transfer targets as of yet so it would be hard for me to name some.

You have to bear in mind that the "team analysis" part is just to give people an understanding of possible weaknesses. It will hopefully give first time Lyon’ers or even more seasoned Lyon players an insight into Lyon on FM09.

Everyone plays the game different and with FM09 the type of players a person brings in affects how successful a style of play is. If you don’t get the right player in to go with a style your after it can be disastrous.

I'm still learning from the FM09 engine, so I don't have all the answers, yet!

I've reached the start of December, so only have a few games left to play on the demo (5 or 6 I think it is). Unfortunately I probably wont be able to play again on until Monday due to other commitments; I'm going to London tomorrow for the Arsenal - United game, (C'MON UNITED!!), then on Sunday morning I have work, then the I'll have to spend time on the Mrs I guess! :p

On Monday after Ive finished my run on the demo, I shall share my thoughts on the players, potential signings, and tactics. I just hope you enjoy the usual detailed rubbish that I type! :D

Just a word on Bafetimbi Gomis, and in his two appearances so far he hasn't managed a goal, but has got 3 assists. I was expecting goals, but assists are more than welcome. :cool:

tomtuck01

Look forward to reading your thoughts tomtuck :)

------

Now my second Lyon demo, I've got the same transfers in with the addition of G.Rossi :cool:

Currently perfecting a 4-3-1-2 formation, seems to be quite effective. However everytime I think I've got it sorted one more small problem pops up :D

Shall we say "work in progress"

Currently perfecting a 4-3-1-2 formation, seems to be quite effective. However everytime I think I've got it sorted one more small problem pops up :D

Shall we say "work in progress"

I seem to have got my tactics pretty much sorted actually, well, the base for the tatics. (A 4-4-2, and a 4-1-2-2-1, both like what I had in FM08)

I think it is more realistic in the fact that little tweaks are needed for each game, and you cant just blow away all before you with one set tactic. More frustrating though aswell as it becomes time consuming.

I seem to have got my tactics pretty much sorted actually, well, the base for the tatics. (A 4-4-2, and a 4-1-2-2-1, both like what I had in FM08)

I think it is more realistic in the fact that little tweaks are needed for each game, and you cant just blow away all before you with one set tactic. More frustrating though aswell as it becomes time consuming.

I've always done tweaks before games anyway so I don't mind that part. The only minor issues I'm having is with individual instructions, just adjusting them so I have a perfect starting point or base and then making adjustments dependant on the opposition is there for easier

I've decided to start a fresh Lyon demo mainly to give me more time to tweak and sort out things tactically. :)

Unsure weather to buy Rossi or try something else like Gomis :confused:

I can get Gomis for £8Million with a 50% sell on clause (seeing as this is only a demo I can go mad with sell on clauses tbh lol)

I'm sure not what I have done with my new 4-4-2 but it’s ridiculously solid at the back, I’ve conceded once in eight games when you consider my defence isn’t the best yet that’s pretty impressive. The side effect however is lack of real chances for the front men there often on the end of assists, it’s odd in a way in attack my team play very nice football (one touch, pass move stuff) but when it comes to round the box there’s no room for that play so it gets laid off and a midfield will take a shot.

Frustrating to say thet least.

(0_o)

I might have to go to the other scale and go out all attacking/flair play :D

Its more like irl tbh. Although everybody likes to score plenty of goals offcourse.

Yes it's more realistic, I'm happy its not the old 20-30 shots on FM08 the problem which I was having on the demo of FM09 is creating chances for your strikers (just the strikers, elsewhere is fine), if you don't have strikers who are target men or really strong in the air. It's taken longer for me to tweak and find the settings that will allow me to create the few chances a striker should/would have in a real life game.

I'll also say this, Benzema is much better overall in FM09 however he will be a long term option upfront not necessary the instant world class striker from the start. For me on the demo he is more than just goals, he creates chances for others he is my link man tbh. Gomis I’ve been impressed with also, not only can he score but he brings others in. Both Benzema and Gomis were slow to score at the start I put this partly down to my squad blending and partly down to me adjusting my tactic until I was satisfied with the tactic as a base where only tweaks would be needed. Once my team started to blend and I had sorted out the tactic’s I wanted they started to play much better and score more often. I’m now creating more and scoring more. So perhaps with FM09 blending and new players adjusting has a slightly bigger impact than it did on FM08.

So far I'm happy, defensively tight and as time goes on my team is blending and playing much better. Okay the only down side is that both my strikers haven't scored loads just yet, but I'm confident end of the demo they'll have a ratio of at least a goal every two games…

Home Screen:

HomeScreen.jpg

Nice answer.

I see Lloris has three MOM. :cool: Good that we have him then.

I also notice your budget is gone. Did you do some more shopping?

Nice answer to what? I was just giving my thoughts thats all mixed in with a well known rambling I can do ;)

My final transfers were:

- Torres (Loan)

- Marcelo (Loan)

- Carceres (Loan)

- Diarra

- Chretien

- Lugano

- Di Maria

- Gomis

Di Maria is excellent on FM09, I've seen him play quite a few times IRL and I've liked what I've seen. He's also ace in FM09 which is sweet as :)

How much did Di Maria cost you? And is he versatile?

Just planning my players for the full release! :)

He costs between £4-6Million on the demo weather that will change in the full game you'll have to see, he can play ML/AML/AMC (I think he can play on the right also, would have to double check). He's good with free kicks (assits/goals), and he's got an eye for a pass :)

So that would be a good buy then. Will try to search for someone french first but options are limitid tbh.

True, also doesn't help that the demo is on a small database :thup:

For me the first save will be about bringing in the right sort of players regardless of nationality, then perhaps further down the line I'll do a all French one like on FM08. If I can get a classy French player I will but it will depend, I'll defiantly keep my team with a French core/style :thup:

Archived