So i currently am sitting in the bottom 3 with Ipswich and on most FM games i start with Ipswich and fail but this time I want to seek some help generally. The formations that I've been juggling between 442, 4231 wide and 4231 DM wide and these are the tactics I'm using (below). I have tried dealing with the problems with some loan players due to the inferior budget that I have to the league but its just not working. This is my first time posting on this forums so if ive missed anything out then just say cos I'm a noob and ill try and respond with a screenshot or whatever information as quick as possible. Below is my tactics (link) and an injury crisis (picture) i have had in my first season within the first few weeks of the save. I've just got to the point where the mood in the dressing room with some players is getting worse.

(http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1247479767) - My team instructions

(http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1247490168) - My tactics page with recent match analysis which has barely changed since start of season

FM injury crisis.jpg

Based on your team symptoms and your team instructions.I shall prescribe you my medicine based on 950+ hrs of experience:

-Narrow your width to normal,Playing wide leaves you exposed to team that's playing narrow.Playing with normal width is more risk-free

-How Come you don't use offside trap? It's one of the most efficient way to prevent conceding goals

-Remove "stay on feet" tackling.It makes your defender too soft and letting the strikers dribble through your defence line

-(Optional) Switch to "Be more expressive" so your Playmakers could do more creative passes

-(Optional) Remove "dribble less" option if your strikers are good dribblers

-Shall you didn't achieve a better result,then you have to go with Counter mentality every game

Personally Im not well educated about FM18 player roles so I won't leave a suggestion on that.Thats all anyway,Hope you don't lose your job :)

It's too defensive imo. You already have a defensive fullback providing defensive cover for the winger so the Carrilero can be changed into a more role which gives you more in attack. Maybe a b2b or central midfielder or adv playmaker if he can create.

The left sided fullback should be given more license to get forward (maybe wingback sup or fullback att if he can cross) to overlap the IW as your DLP should be able to cover for him.

Archived