[FM18] Fola's Career

Fola

16 hours ago, john1 said:

Bet you love playing for draws ;)  Hopefully you can start winning again!

Oh yes mate, definitely haha! I have just played through December/January and will put an update out later. I don't have a clue what has happened this season... 

1 hour ago, noikeee said:

Well maybe we can read this thread in reverse from the bottom to the top, from a midtable position to dominance in the league in the 2nd season, what a story. :D

Hope you can start turning it around back to form soon. Very unlucky with the whole Europe situation, wow.

Haha that sounds perfect mate! I really don't know what has happened this season. 

I am into February and here is a quick spoiler for you, it's not really got any better (update to come later!). I am going to hopefully get through to the end of the season and then clear all the deadwood, create a new tactic and start again. Pretty much all of my current squad were brought in to fit into my Strikerless tactic but I'm sick of that now because it's obviously not working. So yeah, start of next pre-season, going to spend time trying to give this team an identity and start again. That's if I manage to keep my job until then...

January 2019 - Transfer Roundup

Out
tX0hpHN.png

After a disastrous first half of the season I have decided to let a number of players leave the club on loan. I am undecided if any of them have a long term future at this club. None of impressed me and they've all been given chances in the first team.

In 
CJBKeUN.png

Due to the lack of finances given to us by the board only four new players came into the club- 3 loans and 1 permanent deal.

SPGUH9e.png

Will become one of my starting CB's after Bijen left on loan. Great stats for this league, just hope he can adapt.

SB0JaX5.png

Hasn't managed to break into the first team at Liverpool. Joins on loan until the end of the season. Already had a loan spell at Vitesse in 2015 so should know the league.

tpSXBdH.png

Another City youngster in on loan until the end of the season. Gives us options at CB or DM.

TXwExhG.png

One for the future.

December 2018 - January 2019

Kn991x7.png

It's just not getting any better. We managed to grab 2 wins back to back and I thought that may of been the turning point but it just wasn't to be. Knocked out of the cup and shipping goals for fun. Dropped down to 12th now and relegation seems like it could be a real possibility which us crazy after last season. Only positive is that Academy Graduate Frank Molenaar 18A has come into the side and grabbed a few goals.

BvmRwVV.png

February 2019 - March 2019

Ixcmdn3.png

Well, I did not see this coming.

After what can only be described as a horrendous start to the season, we have gone on to win 7 out of out last 8 matches to propel us up to 5th position with 6 matches remaining. Not going to lie, I was seriously thinking that I was going to get the sack but the players seem to have found another gear and found the form that I have been waiting for all season. Not only have we been winning games but we've been winning them convincingly. Also managed to play a few youngsters in Cherinho Griffith and Rashaan Fernandes and they've both managed to score too. Not sure what is going on here but I am not complaining.

6OQ9S2h.png

25 minutes ago, john1 said:

What an turn around :cool: Good loan signings you have brought in :thup: 

Thanks mate. 34 goals scored in 8 matches... not sure how that has happened but I am not complaining.

In terms of the signings, Tosin Adarabioyo is a class act at this level and has played every game since he joined. I'll be looking to extend his loan deal until next season if possible. Dominic Solanke has done brilliant since he's joined. He's got 7 goals in 8 games so far. I think after this kind of form, Liverpool will want him back in the summer. Regan Poole and Erik Palmer-Brown have been morelike backup players for me.

April 2019 - May 2019

o6ky7bs.png

The season is over and despite a horrendous start to the season, our form in the latter months has ensured that we finish in a respectable 5th position. Unfortunately we do not qualify for Europe after losing in the play offs to a much stronger PSV side. I will be making big changes in the summer- this squad needs a revamp. Looking forward to see what next season brings.

ZX6SnSi.png

Squad Overview - Season 2

Image result for fc twente squad

Goalkeepers

gQlRVag.png

Jake Kean we purely backup and will be leaving the club when his loan deal expires. Joel Drommel was our starting goalkeeper. He's OK, nothing too special. Would like to bring in better in the summer but all depends on finances.

Defenders

K5hBqqy.png

Steven Caulker was a good addition since joining on a free transfer. I remember on previous FM's that he turned into one of the best CB's in the world. I am not expecting anywhere near that but I am just hoping he can find the potential that once made him a good Premier League defender. Tosin Adarabioyo was brilliant for us. Would love to extend his loan spell if possible. Regan Poole is one for the future- may look to loan him out next season. Declan Rice had another solid season, we've got him on loan for next season too. Henk van Schaik has potential but I don't think he has a future here, will probably be moved on. Erik Palmer-Brown did very well when called upon- may look to extend his loan deal. Ashley Young was a bit of a disappointment in all honesty. He's versatility though is a great factor so I will probably keep him. Ola Aina is a great athlete but unfortunately not the best footballer. Will be looking to improve the RB role for next season if possible. Captain Fantastic Stefan Thesker had another solid season. Cristian Cuevas was once again our starting LB and did well with David Sambissa his backup.

Midfielders

qvse9GD.png

Sulley Muntari was more on a backup this season but he will be kept here as he'd be great as a tutor for the younger players. Danny Holla once again had a very strong season. Mateusz Klich had a poor start but really kicked on in the latter stages of the season and was a key player for me. I would love to bring him in permanently if finances allow it. Michael Liendl was more of a backup for us this season, may look to move him on. Fredrik Jensen had another solid season.

Strikers

MjCuk2a.png

The Moroccan Messi Oussama Assaidi has been re-trained as a striker and once again had an unbelievable season. Popped up with 28 goals and 18 assists- what a player this man is. Marko Kvasina has good stats but just doesn't do the business for me, he'll probably be moved on. Ishak Belfodil had a great season. His contract at Standard is up in the summer, would love to bring him here permanently but I think his wages might be too high. Dominic Solanke was a great addition and I will be looking to extend his loan if possible. Rashaan Fernandes and Cherinho Griffith are good young players who will probably get more gametime next season. Frank Molenaar 18A settled into the first team well and grabbed a few important goals.

Out On Loan

jW6FdHz.png

All will probably be sold in the summer.

August 2019 - Transfer Round Up

Out

0s2Wx2s.png

Quite a lot of outgoings with a number of backup players leaving the club. No real surprises here- all were given a chance in the first team but rarely impressed so nice to cash in on them. Actually, apart from Michael Liendl, he was a key player for me but is getting old so decided to cash in. Muntari also left after I decided not to renew his contract.

In

7qE2PNo.png

As well as the above I also extended the loan deals of Tosin Adarabioyo, Erik Palmer-Brown, Dominic Solanke and Ola Aina. Managed to get Adarabioyo, Palmer-Brown and Solanke signed up for the next two seasons which I am buzzing about.

z8GI5XR.png

New starting keeper. Was a key player for OB in Denmark and was their number one for the past 2 seasons.

u4JFejr.png

Replacement for Ishak Belfodil who went on to sign for Boro on a contact worth £60k a week. Lucky bastard. Looking forward to seeing how Akpom faces in this league. He's spent the last 3 season on loan in League One so quite a step up.

qpKejXj.png

Brilliant player with fantastic stats all round. Going to be a key player for me.

tMd59rZ.png

Had a successful 9 years at Legia in Poland. Won a lot of competitions with Legia- hoping his experience will do well here.

cdFTxh4.png

Good young player on loan for the season.

YhxUfL4.png

Gives us another option in midfield. Spent the past 2 seasons on loan in Scotland so similar standard of league.

August 2019

lya331Z.png

Brought in 2 replacements for Thesker.

rTGll2R.png

Cheap back up option. Hopefully can find some of the form that made him such a good player at City. Not played a competitive game for the last 2 seasons.

24AhX7N.png

Not a like for like replacement for Thesker but still a good player. He's naturally a CDM but he has great stats for a ball playing centre back. Still young so plenty of time to improve.

The season is about to start now.

August 2019 - September 2019

wvdBERn.png

Great news as we continued our good form from last season into the new season. Gutted to lose late on to PSV but everything else is going well. Sitting nicely at the top of the table, I just hope we can keep it up.

vLZmEAG.png

October 2019 - November 2019

GXEG9KG.png

Another successful few months as we sit top of the table. Chuba Akpom has been on fantastic form and been a key player for us, bagging 5 goals in our last 3 matches. Disappointing to lose against Ajax and they are really putting the pressure on us. interesting to see that PSV are having another poor season.

JlMSfXv.png

Did you change tactics or something, the turnaround since the middle of last season has been spectacular!

Nice to see Thesker fail that badly on his return. :D

I presume you're still barred from Europe for this season? (3rd year of the ban). What a ****** situation.

On 01/01/2018 at 23:08, john1 said:

Brilliant start to the season :cool: Superb to get a win over PSV :D 

You are tempting me to manage in Holland :D 

You should do it mate. I've never managed in Holland before and I am loving it! 

On 02/01/2018 at 12:39, noikeee said:

Did you change tactics or something, the turnaround since the middle of last season has been spectacular!

Nice to see Thesker fail that badly on his return. :D

I presume you're still barred from Europe for this season? (3rd year of the ban). What a ****** situation.

Well, I created my own 4-3-3 tactic which has worked brilliantly for me. Little bit gutted though as I did some reading last night and found out that many people think that the 3 up top tactic is overpowered on this FM. Pretty gutted as I thought I had mastered it. I'm not going to change it though. I will screenshot the tactic later on. 

Yeah, I think if we were to qualify for Europe this season then we should qualify.

HOWEVER, I HAD SOME SCARY NEWS LAST NIGHT. LOADED UP THE GAME AND PLAYED ONE GAME BUT I GOT A CRASH DUMPS MESSAGE AT HALF TIME. DOES THIS MEAN THAT MY SAVE GAME IS NOW CORRUPT? IS THERE ANY WAY ROUND THIS?

January 2020

L7lqZHD.png

No chance I'm letting him go- he's done great since joining us in the summer. Annoyingly he insisted on a £3 million release clause in his deal so I have to hope Dinamo don't match that!!

2Q3P9Kv.png

1 hour ago, Fola said:

January 2020

L7lqZHD.png

No chance I'm letting him go- he's done great since joining us in the summer. Annoyingly he insisted on a £3 million release clause in his deal so I have to hope Dinamo don't match that!!

2Q3P9Kv.png

Personally, I would sell him and look at promoting one of your young player as his replacement.

12 hours ago, john1 said:

Good to see Assaidi, won African footballer of the year :cool: 

37 minutes ago, noikeee said:

20 goals and 18 assists in 33 ain't bad! :D

The guy is a genius. Just a shame he's 31 now and the injuries are starting to affect him. Saying that, he'd scored 8 in 15 before his injury and should be back in February! 

12 hours ago, john1 said:

Personally, I would sell him and look at promoting one of your young player as his replacement.

I would usually agree with you but due to the financial issues, we've not really got any good youngsters coming through. Hence the reason why we've had to rely so heavily on loan players. Off the top of my head we have Rice, Adarabiyio, Palmer-Brown, Aina and Solanke all on loan at the moment who are all key players for me. We also signed another striker on loan who I have not announced to you guys yet. Frank Molenaar 18A came through the youth side but hasn't really progressed like I'd of hoped and we didn't get a good intake at all last season. Once our finances improve, I will then be able to build for the future- until then I just need to take it one season at a time.

Hello Fota,

Great thread, you're doing great so far.

I do a Twente save every year and I think they are one of the biggest challenges on the game this year due to poor finances, ageing squad, european ban etc.

How are you using Assaidi? The performances you're getting from him are quality, I'm half way through my first season and he has been woeful for me. I play him as a AML IF(s).

On 1/5/2018 at 17:47, Finchbox said:

Hello Fota,

Great thread, you're doing great so far.

I do a Twente save every year and I think they are one of the biggest challenges on the game this year due to poor finances, ageing squad, european ban etc.

How are you using Assaidi? The performances you're getting from him are quality, I'm half way through my first season and he has been woeful for me. I play him as a AML IF(s).

Hi mate. Thank you for the message. I first off played Assaidi as an attacking midfieder as a second striker but more recently I've retrained him to play as an advanced forward. So far his record is P66 A22 S47.

January 2020 - Transfers

Out

jzjLv9z.png

Both had potential but unfortunately failed to show it. I gave them both a chance but they bottled it. Hen van Schaik has moved to Roda JC who are in the same league as us so will be curious to see how he does. Fernandes has moved down a league- probably his level.

In 

ttXtmTv.png

Rest of the league strengthened a lot but because of finances I had to make do with what I was given. Made 2 signings and two that I am happy with.

qZBG4ht.png

Proven goalscorer. Only scored 7 goals for Newcastle in 2 seasons but I am hoping he can re-find his form here, On loan until the end of the season.

Y9EUlwD.png

Joins the reserve side. Maybe one for the future. Been capped for Canada and only 18 years old. 

December 2019 - January 2020

Qgp1DlF.png

Good few months again. Sitting top of the table but annoying to be knocked of the cup. I really hope the loss to AZ isn't the start of something bad. We will see. Worried about Feyenoord, they're doing well- they're a bigger threat to me than Ajax.

oXLROVv.png

Archived