FM18 Draft Mode - Creators Cup (£5000 prize) - Anyone Watching?

YKW

FM18 Creators Cup  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win the £5000?

• Lollujo
    • Workthespace
    • DrBenjy
    • Le96z
    • Chesnoid Gaming
    • Dave Azzopardi
    • Loki Doki
    • Golden FM

I just caught up on the first round of matches and if you aren’t watching this then you are missing out! I think it’s capturing the true essence of FM. To quote the legendary FM Live ad, “it’s not the winning, it’s the rubbing it in!”

Here’s the playlist. Everyone has their own taunt in their intro, which I’ve rated below.

Taking part:

Lollujo

Dr Benjy

Golden FM

Dave Azzopardi

Work the Space

Chesnoid Gaming

LE96z

Loki Doki

As far as who I’m supporting, my initial bias was towards LokiDoki because I would like to think that he played a role in bringing about this whole situation. His taunt is a sort of disdainful lip curl which you might associate with the cover of a rap album.  In the first round he played LE96z in an absolute classic which had to go to golden goal. I’ll say no more. I’m not sure how to describe Le96zs taunt as he doesn’t really move at all. There’s the hint of a wry smile at the end, very mysterious.

My second favourite might be Workthespace, especially after his impressive cameo in the FM18 advert. He also has a great “I’m watching you” taunt in the intro video which he executes with charisma. He plays Chesnoid who’s taunt is a death stare or impression of an Fm17 newgen. Not bad.

I’m torn between Lollujo and Dr Benjy, both great youtubers. Dr Benjy may just edge it on account of his natural commentators voice, which I love. His taunt is also a death stare, perhaps slightly more scary than Chesnoid’s. No spoilers, but Benjy also looks like he is going to be the most hilarious loser, which could be fun to watch should he not get the rub of the green. Lollujo’s taunt is an excessively friendly smile, perhaps implying his intent to destroy people with some kind of weaponised human decency. 

The final tie is Dave Azzopardi v Golden FM. Golden has a pretty good taunt involving a smile and hand signs, I’m assuming as an homage to his roots in the ghetto. Dave, the Maltese Magician, brings a contender for the position of the next “dab” in the form of a “Slicking my hair back with both hands” signature taunt. It kind of looks like he is a created character in a wrestling game who has a head much too small to match the original animation. Alternatively it could be a throw in animation in reverse. I rate him and his taunt, and could back him as the winner.

Who are you backing?

I just watched the 1st Round, and since I only know some famous names around the  community, I wonder why Rashidi (Bustthenet) or Cleon is not joining the challenge, I believe we all know they're 2 of the most "legendary" names around the FM community.

I'd have rooted for them instead if they joined..

On 11/19/2017 at 16:03, YKW said:

I just caught up on the first round of matches and if you aren’t watching this then you are missing out! I think it’s capturing the true essence of FM. To quote the legendary FM Live ad, “it’s not the winning, it’s the rubbing it in!”

Here’s the playlist. Everyone has their own taunt in their intro, which I’ve rated below.

Taking part:

Lollujo

Dr Benjy

Golden FM

Dave Azzopardi

Work the Space

Chesnoid Gaming

LE96z

Loki Doki

As far as who I’m supporting, my initial bias was towards LokiDoki because I would like to think that he played a role in bringing about this whole situation. His taunt is a sort of disdainful lip curl which you might associate with the cover of a rap album.  In the first round he played LE96z in an absolute classic which had to go to golden goal. I’ll say no more. I’m not sure how to describe Le96zs taunt as he doesn’t really move at all. There’s the hint of a wry smile at the end, very mysterious.

My second favourite might be Workthespace, especially after his impressive cameo in the FM18 advert. He also has a great “I’m watching you” taunt in the intro video which he executes with charisma. He plays Chesnoid who’s taunt is a death stare or impression of an Fm17 newgen. Not bad.

I’m torn between Lollujo and Dr Benjy, both great youtubers. Dr Benjy may just edge it on account of his natural commentators voice, which I love. His taunt is also a death stare, perhaps slightly more scary than Chesnoid’s. No spoilers, but Benjy also looks like he is going to be the most hilarious loser, which could be fun to watch should he not get the rub of the green. Lollujo’s taunt is an excessively friendly smile, perhaps implying his intent to destroy people with some kind of weaponised human decency. 

The final tie is Dave Azzopardi v Golden FM. Golden has a pretty good taunt involving a smile and hand signs, I’m assuming as an homage to his roots in the ghetto. Dave, the Maltese Magician, brings a contender for the position of the next “dab” in the form of a “Slicking my hair back with both hands” signature taunt. It kind of looks like he is a created character in a wrestling game who has a head much too small to match the original animation. Alternatively it could be a throw in animation in reverse. I rate him and his taunt, and could back him as the winner.

Who are you backing?

i have never watched lollujo but will give him a watch.  Drbenjy has a natural voice for what he does yes, but his attempts at humour are absolutely woeful. He is incredibly unfunny IMO. 

I like azzopardi and goldenfm  so would have gone for one of those 2 at the beginning (or lokidoki) because, personally, i dont agree that benjy or workthespace are the best fm youtubers.    I know he isnt involved, but always gives me a little chuckle when i see foxintheboxfm referred to as an expert, lol, not a chance. Watched a stream of his  few weeks back, he slates the game when he loses and next match he wins; he goes on how its the best fm to date.  Far too fickle, and waffles nonsense when it comes to tactics

With all due respect, not very surprising results to me. I've watched their youtube channels and all them called the "Big Favorites" or "FM Representative" getting kicked out of the competition is really not that surprising to me. Why? Well I found that they're not the tactical genius that I'd hoped after watching their FM videos on youtube and how they managed their team. Yes they're very popular on the youtube because they 've got a funny and hillarious way of presenting the videos, a good thing. No objection to that. 

But, calling them the FM representatives are a bit too overrated to me. A lot of the experienced users in this forum are quite or even far better then them imho.

Summarizing my statement above, I still believe Rashidi (Bustthenet) or Cleon could've done a lot better than them if they're in. Too bad they're not invited. The 2 of them is just "Legends" for me.

Archived