Setting likely attendances for competitions

simsy91

I am currently working on a database for a fictional nation, where the main competition is a kind-of domestic Cup Winners Cup. I have set the reputation of it as 100, which is double what the Premier division is operating at (50). Despite this, the attendance in the grand final, despite the high reputation, is a measly 22,000 in a 70,000 seater stadium. The top clubs in the Prem are getting anything up to 28,000 for league games (but I can control what each club gets of course!). This grand final is meant to be by far the biggest match of the football calendar for my nation so I'm hoping for a sellout or at least upwards of 50,000.

On the competition editor (I'm using FM16 by the way) I can't find a way of a) increasing the tournaments home reputation, or b) adding an approximate attendance for final matches at neutral venues. Of course, I could bump the competition reputation up to 200 in the editor, but I'm guessing this is a global reputation so would put it higher than even the World Cup!

Any help would be much appreciated.

I don't think you can do that in the basic editor, but maybe try looking in the advanced editor for a setting like that?

I also think part of the issue might be the disparity in the reputations: that is, the cup is rated so much higher than the top division. Have you tried evening the reputations out?

Archived