System to destroy stubborn defences

There's a bunch of tactics that make winning a league and CL effortless with any first division side. That's great, huge credit to all contributors in the tactical forum, especially Knap this year, who is making some outstanding results. 

However, after a few seasons in, you tend to build a super strong team of regens. The ai usually won't follow back but still, it gets harder and harder because teams will consider you hardest difficulty so they employ extremely defensive tactics. 

What i would like to find is a tactical system that allows my world class players to shine. I have the ultimate wingers. Pace, crossing, dribbling, balance, creativity and flair, anticipation,etc etc. However, even using the best tested tactics, very often i find it difficult to break down much weaker sides. 1-0 is not enough, i'd like to win with style, with my strikers scoring loads and my wingers making successful dribles. 

But what's the best approach on this? If i wanted wingers to drive the ball forward to create 1v1s i'd need them to start from an earlier position since opposition sits deep and reduces space. But even then, he usually runs on the wing against 2 or 3 players and loses the ball. 

How do i give support to a winger who is often one of the most advanced players? it's physically impossible for the fb to overlap in time, unless it's a slower type of build up. Strikers could help 1v2 situations but then the presence in the area would be scarce. I will try a setup with a more realistic tactic that allows me to create space for the wingers and scoring chances for strikers. Hopefully i can receive some input because i find this kind of tactics to be rare in FM forums.

Archived