Breaking Barriers

Feliks

PROLOGUE
Look, I'm not here to break barriers, I don't really care what they'll say about me when I'm through.

I'm here to make my way through the game, to achieve my ambitions and my goals, and not to be some sort of trailblazing figure who changes the game forever.

If I'm gonna be changing the game forever, I want to change it by lifting a club's first Champions League trophy. I want to go an entire season unbeaten in the world's toughest league. I want to take a player from my youth academy and watch him grow into one of the greatest players of all time. I do not care for being the first female manager to do anything.

In my opinion, proficiency trumps genders every time, and that should really go without saying, but let's be real, football is a man's game. There is a deeply embedded culture there, hundreds of years old, and I'm not naive enough to think I'll change it. No one will change it. But even though I can't reverse the current, I'm more than happy to swim against it.

I'm sure that one day they'll look back at me and remember the first great female pioneer in the game.

But I hope I'm not remembered as the short lived failed pioneer. I hope they remember me as the first woman to put her hands on all of the men's trophies.

Welcome to FMS, Feliks.

I'm looking forward to reading more of this, but there's something I should kindly point out. What you've written to start your story with is a prologue. An epilogue goes at the end of a story. (To be fair, it's an easy mistake to make. You're not the first one to do that here, and you won't be the last. :))

13 hours ago, CFuller said:

Welcome to FMS, Feliks.

I'm looking forward to reading more of this, but there's something I should kindly point out. What you've written to start your story with is a prologue. An epilogue goes at the end of a story. (To be fair, it's an easy mistake to make. You're not the first one to do that here, and you won't be the last. :))

Jesus Christ. I feel so embarrassed. Thankyou so much for pointing that out, I'm gonna say thats fatigue.

36 minutes ago, tenthreeleader said:

Hey, Feliks! Great to have you here!

We've only had one female-centered story round these parts in recent years (Tina Powell and JamboJen, where ARE you?) and it's time we had another. Good luck.

Cheers tenthreeleader!

Archived