FM17: edit size of tactic screen?

Cedrik

In FM 16 it was pretty easy to make the tactic screen of the standard skin a little bit bigger. As explained in this post by wkdsoul you could edit the pitch in tactics overiew with with a few adjustments. So far in FM17 it seems impossible to do the same and I wonder why. I have extracted the folder 'panels' with the Resource Archiver and edited a few values in the file called 'tactics overview panel' :

<!--pitch/next match-->
            <container class="minimisable_container" file="none" minimum_width="60" maximum_width="396" hide_on_minimise="false" save_default_state="true">
                <animation class="position_animation"/>

<container class="vertical_adaptive_container" offset="0" inset="0" gap="1" width="400">
                    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left,vertical" inset="0"/>

<!--pitch-->
                    <widget class="pitch_with_tactics" id="pitc" icon_flags="show_name,allow_attributes_popup,use_overview_icons,show_extra_details,drop_initial_if_possible,show_position_role_duty_suitability,show_selection_image,show_number,show_role_duty_labels,show_familiarity" priority="1" default_height="-2" minimum_height="570">

<integer id="pitch_vertical_padding" value="0" />
                        <boolean id="vertical" value="true" />
                        <integer id="pitch_player_radius" value="4" />
                        <integer id="pitch_player_icon_text_size" value="5" />
                        <real id="pitch_length_multiplier" value="1.15" />
                        <integer id="pitch_player_icon_text_size" value="5" />
                        <flags id="pitch_alignment" value="can_scale" />

But nothing seems to work, in FM 16 I could make those bold values higher or lower and my tactic screen would get bigger or smaller. Now nothing seems to happen. What I am doing wrong here?  :)

Thanks! :) I tried to change it all a bit again. But nothing seems to work so far. I don't understand what keeps overruling the changes I make (cleared the cache several times). Also editing the sizes of the player icons doesn't do anything. Literally I put any value there, no changes show up. Is there maybe a specific set of values to choose from and that I put in values that are unkown? Just a thought here, I have no proper knowledge of these things so just a bit trial and error adjustments so far.  

7 minutes ago, Cedrik said:

Thanks! :) I tried to change it all a bit again. But nothing seems to work so far. I don't understand what keeps overruling the changes I make (cleared the cache several times). Also editing the sizes of the player icons doesn't do anything. Literally I put any value there, no changes show up. Is there maybe a specific set of values to choose from and that I put in values that are unkown? Just a thought here, I have no proper knowledge of these things so just a bit trial and error adjustments so far.  

Have you put the xml in the right place?

Skin/Panels/tactics  (fm17 has a new skin folder setup)

After using the Resource Archiver and made a back-up I replaced the panels.fmf with a regular panels folder and worked from there. So everything should be in the right place (?). (Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\panels\tactics)

Although now that you mention it, I do remember that last year (it was a downloadable file) needed to be placed somewhere in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager ... so maybe here is an issue why there won't show any changes. 

Archived