Stars tooltip and search

Something that's been bugging me is the absence of scouting stars on the player tooltip (hovering over the 'i') and being able to select search results from the dropbox rather than it taking you to a screen with all search results. These are little things but they are annoyances as they were available on FMT16 and are still there for the FM17 full version. I would hope that this is just a setting somewhere that I have to enable, can anyone offer any help?

• Administrators

The search box is by design in FMT, it seems like you're describing the way FM's search works. 

I'm a little unclear what you are referring to with the stars, if you have a screenshot to describe that would be useful.

22 hours ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

The search box is by design in FMT, it seems like you're describing the way FM's search works. 

I'm a little unclear what you are referring to with the stars, if you have a screenshot to describe that would be useful.

Sorry for the confusion. Here are some images of FMT 16 and 17 showing what I'm talking about. Not having used images on these forums before, I hope these are ok.

1) Scout report on information hover (FMT16 left, FMT17 right)

FM16i_zpsky4juh7q.pngFM17i_zpsgfjtdtqh.png

As you can see, the assistant manager's stars are missing from the info tooltip in FM17. To quickly get a rough idea of the players ability on a squad screen I have to fiddle with filter/view options or click into each player's profile and back out.

2) Searching taking you to search landing page rather than profile selected as in FMT16 (FMT16 left, FMT17 right)

FM16search_zps3gti5fia.pngFM17search_zpsf40c0wqt.png

Not normally requiring more than another selection and click to get to the profile but it is slightly confusing when a suggestion comes up in the dropbox, you go to select it and suddenly the search result is half way down the list hidden amongst many others because you only got to 'hoo' before clicking and so it is ranked below suggestions like Hoon and Hoogland.

As I said, these are only QoL annoyances. But neither problem occurs on the full FM and I can't see why the functionality would be removed from FMT17. I could post further screenshots from FM17 if that's helpful.

P.S. I know the skins are different but they are both just standard FM skins, one light, one dark. Swapping them around makes no difference.

• Administrators

Design changes across versions that sometimes tweaks are made so other things can be included. 

Thanks for the information, will take this under advisement.

Ah, that's annoying. I had been hoping there might have been a toggle somewhere for the scout report stars at least. Still, thank you for your response!

Archived