Defensive Shape/Attacking Shape or Wibble/Wobble

On 24/04/2017 at 05:54, Totalfootballfan said:

@Totalfootballfan I'm glad im not the only one.. that thinks we should have a separate defending and attacking formation

A. Current System

You can achieve an defending and attacking formation.. Only through roles and instructions. The default formation in FM is the defensive one.

Limitations of Current System. 

• Complexity & A.I. . A.I lack of intelligence to utilize roles and instructions to create an attacking formation, it turns a complex issue into a simple one e.g. The A.I cannot intentionally choose a 4-4-2 defensive and 4-2-3-1 attacking shape, there are benefits to this approach 
  • Not realistic Modern Tactic System/creating . it is not realistic and not how managers create tactics, e.g. managers in real life A. Pick an attacking formation B. pick a defensive formation C. then sort out roles & instructions 
  • Not Realistic modern football matches. Real Modern Football matches are not as rigid as FM19. teams can easily move and shift into there defensive shapes when defending e.g. teams should be able to switch between a 4-2-3-1 attacking shape into a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 defensive shape easily during a match.
  • Not Structured or clearly define shape of attacking formation. the attacking shape defined through roles and instructions are limited, not strongly structured or defined when i look at the average position heat maps. E.g. its hard to have a solid 4-4-2 defensive shape and a 4-2-3-1 attacking shape in FM19

The Suggested New System 

The Process of creating a tactic should be selecting A. a in-possession formation, then B. out-of-possession formation then C. create instructions and roles

C1. In-Possession Formation.

• 4-2-3-1

C2. Out-Of-Possession Formation.

The user is  only allowed to choose 1 out of 4 basic formations (basic formations that are easy/realistic for your current formation to change to  during defensive play)

• Your Default attacking formation (4-3-3)
  • or 4-4-2
  • or 4-5-1 (3 CM,ML,MR),
  • or 4-1-4-1 (1 CDM, 2 CM,2 ML/MR)

C3. Roles and instructions

• In-Possession instruction
  • Transition Instructions
  • Out-Of-Possession Instructions
  • Player roles & Instructions

Benefits/Reason of new system

Benefits/Reasons of New System. 

• Improves A.I It turns a complex process into a more efficient one that the A.I can benefit off e.g. the A.I can benefit of having a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 defensive shape and attack with a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3
  • Realistic Tactic System/creation its how managers create tactics e.g. managers A. Pick an attacking formation B. pick a defensive formation C. then sort out roles & instructions 
  • Realistic Football Matches. Real Modern Football matches are played this way  e.g. teams should be able to switch between a 4-2-3-1 attacking shape into a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 defensive shape easily during a match
  • Stronger defined structure and shape of attacking and defensive formation. Players will change position with intention and clear understanding, the defensive shape and the attacking shape will be stronger and more structured without it being loose. e.g. 4-2-3-1 attacking and 4-4-2 defending will be clear and structured

Archived