Winter Update Suggestion

DJTacon17

I like that every game has the Winter Update come out and allow you to play with the current squads. I would like to see it taken one step further and allow a game mode that allows you to use the current squads, but only from the end of January. This would be interesting if a team is struggling, or overachieving in the first half of the season.

All the results and form would be true to life up until that deadline closes. I think this would add another dimension to the Winter Updates and create another interesting game mode challenge.

I would like if they had an option to have the winter updates take place 'retroactively' at the start of the season like they do now, an option to have them scripted to take place at the date that it actually occurred, as well as an option to not have them take place at all so you can start the season as it actually happened. I mean, they already have someone updating the database. Why not have them add some of the extra details to different versions of the database? Then just add the basic interface options to the start of the game. Perhaps this type of feature could also just be added to the scenarios (which I don't think I've ever actually used tbh).

Guest El Payaso
10 hours ago, russianorphan7 said:

I would like if they had an option to have the winter updates take place 'retroactively' at the start of the season like they do now, an option to have them scripted to take place at the date that it actually occurred, as well as an option to not have them take place at all so you can start the season as it actually happened. I mean, they already have someone updating the database. Why not have them add some of the extra details to different versions of the database? Then just add the basic interface options to the start of the game. Perhaps this type of feature could also just be added to the scenarios (which I don't think I've ever actually used tbh).

This is definitely how it should be: January transfers happening in January instead of players being  with their new clubs right from the start. Also one thing that would be nice is that we could block the whole first season transfer budgets. The second one of course is quite easily made with editor but wouldn't hurt if it actually existed as an option also.

10 hours ago, El Payaso said:

This is definitely how it should be: January transfers happening in January instead of players being  with their new clubs right from the start. Also one thing that would be nice is that we could block the whole first season transfer budgets. The second one of course is quite easily made with editor but wouldn't hurt if it actually existed as an option also.

You can block the first season transfer budgets... go to the advanced options when you start a game and check that option at the bottom. There are threads helping with that elsewhere on the site, as well.

But actually, now that you bring that up, I have always wanted the option to block any first season transfers from taking place but still allow the option to loan out players. Again, just another wrinkle to the game setup that adds more freedom and power to the player. 

Also, consider adding [Suggestion] to the title of this thread to help the devs when they look for feature ideas in this forum. 

• 7 months later...

Archived