[Suggestion] Ability to assign different duties based on tactic mentality

Powermonger

I'd like to see the ability added that allows us to define different duties for positions for our tactic that are linked to the teams mentality setting.

Currently when we setup a tactic it is rather static, we define all the positions and what roles and duties they will have, then define the team based instructions, but if we want to change the overall team mentality during a game but have certain positions either become more attacking, supportive or defensive, we have to manually alter each position (unless you are using a Winger or Wingback's Automatic duty setting).

Even our Assistant Manager's pre-game tactical setting advice states if playing mentality of 'X' we should change to have 'Y to Z' of defensive duties. Regardless if people believe in following his advice, if you wish to follow the philosophy of his advice it ends up being a lot of individual tweaks all the time. 

I wish to see tactics evolved so that we customise what positions have which duties depending on the current team mentality set. We can setup the default settings for our tactic, then define alternative settings that get linked to different menatlity profiles.

Say I setup an Attacking team mentality tactic with 3 positions with defensive duties, 3 positions with support duties and 4 positions with attacking duties. If during a game I want to drop back to a more Control or Standard Team Mentality, I wish to elect certain positions drop back to a more defensive or support postures, without me having to manually tweak all the time.

Roles, PI's and TI's changes could also be linked to these mentality profiles. This would get FM tactics away from the 'one size fits all' approach without having to resort to using up the other tactic slots with alternate versions of your same tactic.

Training wise your team will train to each tactics slot default settings, it just gives us managers more ability to automate and tweak our tactic without having to redo the same tweaks all the time.

• 7 months later...

Archived