Learning a Language

Never really seen this answered anywhere so on my latest Journeyman save I thought I would see how long it took my manager to learn a language. I have adaptability of 2 which with hindsight I should have poured more points in to.

So far I have learnt Slovenian: Seven months to Basic level, Eight more months to Good level, then a rapid Five months to Fluent. Moje vozilo na zračni blazini je polno jegulj. En jezik ni nikoli dovolj.

58 minutes ago, Stukey said:

Moje vozilo na zračni blazini je polno jegulj. En jezik ni nikoli dovolj.

Ok I will bite. :lol:

Why is your hovercraft full of eels? <<-- Google translate.

3 hours ago, Stukey said:

Never really seen this answered anywhere so on my latest Journeyman save I thought I would see how long it took my manager to learn a language. I have adaptability of 2 which with hindsight I should have poured more points in to.

So far I have learnt Slovenian: Seven months to Basic level, Eight more months to Good level, then a rapid Five months to Fluent. Moje vozilo na zračni blazini je polno jegulj. En jezik ni nikoli dovolj.

how fast you learn the language depends on adaptability but also on languages you already speak. if you already speak italian and move to spain you will learn spanish much faster than if you spoke only dutch and went to spain. however, if you speak dutch and move to germany you should learn it pretty fast.

if you move to slovenia without speaking any slavic language you will have hard time as slavic languages have quite a difficult learning curve for someone from other culture. believe it or not, this really is in the game. so to sum it up, languages of the same family will be learnt faster while those of very different families will take much more time.

since you've learned slovenian in only 20 months i'd say there's something wrong with the game. no one is able to learn it to fluent level in that time :D

pazi na prepih ker vodo črpajo iz nogavic!

2 hours ago, MBarbaric said:

how fast you learn the language depends on adaptability but also on languages you already speak. if you already speak italian and move to spain you will learn spanish much faster than if you spoke only dutch and went to spain. however, if you speak dutch and move to germany you should learn it pretty fast.

if you move to slovenia without speaking any slavic language you will have hard time as slavic languages have quite a difficult learning curve for someone from other culture. believe it or not, this really is in the game. so to sum it up, languages of the same family will be learnt faster while those of very different families will take much more time.

since you've learned slovenian in only 20 months i'd say there's something wrong with the game. no one is able to learn it to fluent level in that time :D

pazi na prepih ker vodo črpajo iz nogavic!

Thanks for that. May be on the move shortly to either Serbia or Ukraine, so should pick up those languages relatively quickly. 

And for those who are not English, or of a certain age, here is some clarification on why anyone's hovercraft may be full of eels. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6D1YI-41ao

1 hour ago, Stukey said:

Thanks for that. May be on the move shortly to either Serbia or Ukraine, so should pick up those languages relatively quickly. 

And for those who are not English, or of a certain age, here is some clarification on why anyone's hovercraft may be full of eels. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6D1YI-41ao

dang, somehow missed that :D

Archived