Creating a new nation

jordanpomeroy

Hi All,

I am in the process of trying to set up the Canary Islands as it's own nation seperate from Spain, so I can create league and cup competitions within Canary Islands as a newly formed country. 

I have looked on here previously on how to do this, and it looks as if you have to re-name an extinct nation which exists in the editor. I have picked Yugoslavia, changed their details to the Canary islands - put them in South Europe etc, but when I go to create some competition rules to create the league and cup's I want, I can't find my newly created nation from the drop down menu.... is there something i'm doing wrong?

Any help you can provide would be brilliant. I'm desperate to get this up and runnng as I believe it's a really good idea.

Thank you, 

Jordan

5 hours ago, Mackecool said:

Hi, i think you need to create competitions first before you can find it in that dropdown list.

Hi, 

I have now created the league competition and placed it in the nation I have created - unfortunately I still cannot see my newly created nation in the "add nation rules" dropdown menu...

Any help?

Many thanks

Jordan

Stupid question, but are you adding the nation rules on top of the actual data changes in the same file?  If not, that would explain why the country isn't there.

There are two drop-downs anyway, previously extinct nations usually appear in the longer second one.  Possible you missed it?  Have never had an issue with seeing new nations in there.

Download my Lincs & Humber nation made from England if you need an example.

Try following this, still works; 

iF NOTIve also got some guides up in some of the Regional Database threads on here.  Need to search them  out or my created post history.

Archived