[Suggestion] Manager Playing History

driizzii

I have gone through the pages and have yet to see this kind of suggestion in this depth

Currently when we create a manager profile we are given the option to select what kind of playing history the manager has and what kind of coaching qualification they have.

I thought of an idea where we can create the manager's playing history.

By this I mean lets say I want to make a manger based off of a player concept

He started off his career at Leyton Orient during his one season [for the sake of this we'll say (2014-15)] there:

• 21 APPS
  • 9 GLS
  • 1 ASTS
  • 4 POM
  • 4 YEL
  • 1 RED
  • OVR AVG 7.5

He then moved in the winter transfer window to Middlesbrough for £9M on deadline day 2015 for the rest of 2014-15:

• 5 APPS
  • 2 GLS
  • 1 POM
  • OVR AVG 8.1
  • 1 Cap for England (v Poland 9/7/2015)

before getting and ACL tear and being out for 9 months

(for the sake of this example we'll say that was the end of his career)

Now in addition to whatever I (we) achieve managerially our bio's would read something like:

Nathan Washington was born in Los Angeles on May 18th 1996. In a playing career which spanned one year from 2014-2015, Washington made 26 appearances and scored 11 goals. Washington made his England Debut against Poland in September 2015.

Nathan Washington started his career at Leyton Orient in July 2014, breaking into the first-team in 2014 and making a total of 18 league appearances and scoring 9 goals for the club.

In January 2015 he joined Middlesbrough for £9M and making 4 league appearance and scoring 2 goals.

The stats from the manager's playing history could work into the manager's biography, could be used as higher chance to get approached or hired by those clubs because you have a previous history there. Your previous clubs would be added to 'Favored Clubs' as you were a player there

If our manager played internationally for a number of years, that would warrant him being able to already know another language, it would also increase his knowledge of another nation.

I feel that this would make the game feel more immersive and make more sense as most managers have some sort of playing history (unless you choose one without) but would be way more fun if you could actually build that player history into your managerial profile. I know that through he in-game editor you can edit other players/non-player playing history, but because of the way profiles are currently done there is no way to add player histories to the managers that we use.

I hope my idea makes some sense and that you guys will take it into consideration

Thank you for your time.

another possibility is that it continues on from the current year so instead of making a history that would overlap with previous real life history our manager would begin his career in 2017/18 season (for fm18) and when ever we decide to have his career end lets say 2035/2034 that is where our save will begin and we can have the world simulated to that point with the player history (stats) we created.

this way if we want our manager to have won an FA Cup or a Champions League title during his playing career we won't have to worry about it affecting previous realistic history.

• 8 months later...

Archived