Problem: loaning out players is dangerous because AI managers don't understand rotation

I'm sure a lot of you have realized how much an advantage a human manager tends to have towards the end of a season, particularly against opponents fighting on many fronts. The AI managers simply aren't intelligent enough to rotate their players, and therefore the first 11 of teams such as Arsenal, ManU, ManC and Chelsea tends to be either jaded or downright exhausted towards the end of the season, and you can run them to the ground.

But this is also why loaning out players looks like a very bad deal much of the time. There's a bit of a catch-22 here: if you have a good prospect who isn't good enough yet to be in your team, it's a good idea to loan him out to give him valuable experience. But at the same time, it's not a good idea to loan him anywhere, because his AI manager will burn him out.

It's September 25 in my game, and I have loaned out four good prospects. Boy am I disappointed to see that some are already jaded and in need of rest. I would never treat them like that in my team/squad.

From my experience a players' condition in game doesnt make a difference. In a match i had, the AI manager played mostly the same team that played in a match only 2 days before. One player, on 77 minutes was on fifty something percent condition and when they had a counter attack on, he ran deep from midfield into the box like Usain Bolt that had just come on as a sub. It was ridiculous.

20 minutes ago, cns180784 said:

From my experience a players' condition in game doesnt make a difference. In a match i had, the AI manager played mostly the same team that played in a match only 2 days before. One player, on 77 minutes was on fifty something percent condition and when they had a counter attack on, he ran deep from midfield into the box like Usain Bolt that had just come on as a sub. It was ridiculous.

It does matter if they have the jaded status. And because players that are more tired are (if I'm not mistaken) more prone to becoming injured.

@cns180784: In a single match, it might not matter much, which is in fact realistic and not ridiculous at all. This is called adrenaline.

However, in the long run, it does matter a lot: players get jaded, the probability of injuries goes up and (I think) they also don't develop as well.

14 hours ago, xzar_monty said:

@cns180784: In a single match, it might not matter much, which is in fact realistic and not ridiculous at all. This is called adrenaline.

However, in the long run, it does matter a lot: players get jaded, the probability of injuries goes up and (I think) they also don't develop as well.

Right i see yea i'm aware about players getting jaded and the potential for injuries. I just thought a players' condition in games would have an effect on their work rate.

I'm also a bit skeptical about loaning out players. If I loan a player to a higher reputation/tempo league their attributes and price is rising. But when I loan them to an ordinary club it didn't work for me.

Injuries are scary also but I find it normal.

In Turkish league teams loan players from Chelsea and Citizens sometimes(Omeruo, Denayer for instance) time to time IRL I haven't seen this players developing significantly also.

But what I bother more is that let's say I have a few 2-3-4 star potential players. I'm loaning them to various team locally or in Europe. If I loan them to Montpellier or Malaga for instance their star potential seems same but they reach their potential CA easily in 1-2 season. But If I loan them to Partizan or a local team their potential stars are decreasing seemingly.

What I wonder is, is it because of my current squad relativity and improvement or are the players I'm sending to lower level leagues are loosing their potential quality? My wonderkid Kuki's potential star decreased but he is developing I really am not sure abot the ca/pa thing and it's difficult to determine.

Finally, loaning out only works for me if I send a player to a better league or the player I sent is also a wonderkid with tons of potential. Ordinary players better to be kept in squad and work with my good coaches and even play a few matches against weak teams in early cup matches.

Archived