Salary Cap not decreasing

- Load save game - VEGAS PRE-DRAFT 2020-09-03.sav

- See that you are over the Salary by approx. $500,000

- Initiate trade with New York Rangers... Josh Archibald (1.1 Mil) and Cale Fluery ($695,000) from Las Vegas to the Rangers for 2021 4th (DAL) and 2022 4th (NYR)

- See that the Salary Cap  should decrease from 75,645,000 to 73,750,000

- Make trade

-Confirm trade in e-mail

-Continue game 1 turn

-Go to Salary Cap chart page and see that the Cap has only gone down to $75,485,000 not the $73,750,000 on the trade page from the previous day.

Sept. 03 2020 just before the preseason. Fluery was in the last year of his initial 3 year deal and had an AHL salary of $103,000. Archibald had 2 years left at 1.1Mil and 1.3Mil and his avg salary was 1.117 Mil. Both had played the full previous season in the AHL.

Maybe I'm not understanding (haven't been awake vey long yet!), but I thought only a portion of an AHL player's salary counted against the NHL Salary Cap (NHL Minimum Salary + $375K)

Also, seems like you're in the "offseason" when IIRC your top 23 salaries count against the Salary Cap, regardless of whether they're on the NHL roster or not...

Top 23 salaries are only $71Mil +- . I would be good with the AHL salary at the reduced rate but Archibald's contract was a full hit and I believe that it should have reduced the salary cap by 1.117 Mil at a minimum.

4 hours ago, Smylie said:

Sept. 03 2020 just before the preseason. Fluery was in the last year of his initial 3 year deal and had an AHL salary of $103,000. Archibald had 2 years left at 1.1Mil and 1.3Mil and his avg salary was 1.117 Mil. Both had played the full previous season in the AHL.

This is the off season CAP that is calculated by taking the 23 highest earners on the team. The regular season CAP is calculated differently and is where only roster players are counted.

1 hour ago, Smylie said:

Top 23 salaries are only $71Mil +- . I would be good with the AHL salary at the reduced rate but Archibald's contract was a full hit and I believe that it should have reduced the salary cap by 1.117 Mil at a minimum.

The AHL two way contracts only kick in when the season starts. During the off season the full salary amount is used. This is the way it works in real life too (albeit slightly differently).

(IRL ALL players are considered to be on the NHL roster until the season starts and only then can you move them to your farm team.)

That's exactly why I think its a bug. If you take there combined salaries, the reduction in cap after the trades s/b about $1.8 Mil. It showed that on the trade page when I made the trade. After the trade It only reduced it a little over $200,000 on the Salary Cap page.

Well....simming is complete for 9 days.... from Sept 3 to Sept 12 and start of training camp..... No difference in Salary Cap..... still at 75,485,000.... I still think it's a bug.....:mad:

I don't have access to your save but since you're still in off season your CAP is calculated as the top 23 players (full) salary. By trading away one player in the top 23 he's replaced by #24 so the reduction in CAP will be the difference between the traded player and the player that replaced him in the top 23.

So if the player you traded away had a salary of $1.1m and the 24th highest paid player has a salary of $900.000 then the reduction in off season CAP will be $200.000. I cannot explain it any clearer.

So, how come, in another test I did over the same time frame, when I trade away a single player that has a $2 Mil cap hit and the cap DOES go down by $2 Mil. That doesn't quite fit into what you have said above. If it were to be the same then my cap hit s/b $400,000, but it ain't....... So I don't know what's goin' on.....

Archived