Niklas Stark or Matthias Ginter?

Luckyredcap

Im in the 5th season as Aston Villa boss and have done extremely well so far however I am looking for another CB to partner César Montes (Absolute beast btw!!) and i have picked Stark or Ginter. I have the option of Stark for £25m no added fees or Ginder for £29m with additional fee adding up to £39m over the next 12 months. Stark is great in regards to versatility but Ginter seems better Mentally. Has anyone played with both and if so whats your experiences???

cheers 

• 2 weeks later...

Used both a lot in this years version. CB wise Ginter is better. However Stark is also very good at CB & is very versatile, he is a very good holding midfielder on top of his CB capabilities. Stark for me at £25 million sounds like the deal. £14 million less and you will have more versatility without sacrificing too much on the CB front as Stark is very good at CB.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2017 at 10:38, OLLMEISTER1 said:

Used both a lot in this years version. CB wise Ginter is better. However Stark is also very good at CB & is very versatile, he is a very good holding midfielder on top of his CB capabilities. Stark for me at £25 million sounds like the deal. £14 million less and you will have more versatility without sacrificing too much on the CB front as Stark is very good at CB.

Cheers mate, i thought the same and went for Stark in the end. He's been fantastic in the CB position however I wish his heading attribute was much better (only 12!!) tried training him in this area but he always ends up unhappy with training and sees no progress. Other than that he has been stella so far!

Ginter is amazing player for me, Dortmund sold him to me cheaply and in 18 months many of the big teams such as Atleti, City, Monaco, etc interested in him. Never managed Stark but he looks decent in game. Did you check Sule also? The best German centre back alongside Hummels in 2020!

On 30/01/2017 at 16:06, Luckyredcap said:

Im in the 5th season as Aston Villa boss and have done extremely well so far however I am looking for another CB to partner César Montes (Absolute beast btw!!) and i have picked Stark or Ginter. I have the option of Stark for £25m no added fees or Ginder for £29m with additional fee adding up to £39m over the next 12 months. Stark is great in regards to versatility but Ginter seems better Mentally. Has anyone played with both and if so whats your experiences???

cheers 

Got Ginter for 9m on my third season with Milan and ended up winning the CL for the first time In that season with him becoming a regular. His mental attributes don't just look good they come into effect In the big games he was outstanding In the semi-finals and then final against Barca. His pace Isn't great but his positioning Is fantastic next to a centre back with pace above 13 he's dynamite.

Never had Stark, usually I'd say versatility is over-rated but with Stark being able to play CB, DM and CM naturally at the start of the game and being 21, 6'3 with strong base stats and a hell of a lot cheaper I think you chose correctly.

I'm glad this topic popped up I will defo have a look at Stark myself now the fact that he plays as a ball winning centre midfielder perfectly is absolutely ideal for me, cheer folks.

On 2/24/2017 at 20:46, Kingkestrel said:

Got Ginter for 9m on my third season with Milan and ended up winning the CL for the first time In that season with him becoming a regular. His mental attributes don't just look good they come into effect In the big games he was outstanding In the semi-finals and then final against Barca. His pace Isn't great but his positioning Is fantastic next to a centre back with pace above 13 he's dynamite.

Never had Stark, usually I'd say versatility is over-rated but with Stark being able to play CB, DM and CM naturally at the start of the game and being 21, 6'3 with strong base stats and a hell of a lot cheaper I think you chose correctly.

I'm glad this topic popped up I will defo have a look at Stark myself now the fact that he plays as a ball winning centre midfielder perfectly is absolutely ideal for me, cheer folks.

Have been seriously impressed with Stark since buying him! he's been such a rock at the back with Montes. Really like the leadership stat which is 16 now. Hope you get on ok with him!

On 2/24/2017 at 12:39, tinkerer said:

Ginter is amazing player for me, Dortmund sold him to me cheaply and in 18 months many of the big teams such as Atleti, City, Monaco, etc interested in him. Never managed Stark but he looks decent in game. Did you check Sule also? The best German centre back alongside Hummels in 2020!

I did check Sule but as soon as i cam across him he was at Bayern Munich and there was no way i was going to be able to buy him as he was getting regular football. been very impressed with Stark since signing him! recommended.

Archived