[FM17] Resize Tactic/Player Instructions Popup (Assistance requried please)

OCD

Hi guys I'm hoping someone is able to help me with an "issue" I'm having.

Basically I play football manager on a big screen tv and therefore use 150% zoom in order for things to be displayed comfortably for me to see. I've made adjustments to a skin to resize font size to my liking etc, however there is one minor thing that I'm unable to resolve.

When opening the team instructions panel, and player instructions panel the top and bottom edges are cut off, and I have to scroll up and down in order to adjust certain tactics. Now I'm aware this is down to the fact that I'm zoomed in at 150%. If I reduce zoom to 125% the tactics screen is displayed correctly, however then all the other in-game text is too small for me.

Anyway I've had a look at certain tactics panel files to see if I could edit the size of the panel but I'm clueless as to which file and what line I'd need to adjust. I've found a panel called "tactics player instruction panel" which I assume would be the appropriate one but I'm not sure what to adjust, or even whether it would be as simple as making adjustments to panel size. As I'm wondering if the panel is resized does the text scale too or stay the same?

Ultimately I want to keep the 150% zoom but just make the tactics panels smaller so the information isn't cut off.

Thanks

edit: I've attached a picture to show what I mean, if you look towards the bottom of the player instructions panel you'll see certain "buttons" are cut off from the screen"

cutoff.png

Thanks for the reply, yes I have the base files extracted already. I'm just in the process of making adjustments to suit. The first lines that you mentioned appear to change the size of the whole panel which is what I want.

Towards the bottom of the file there are the adjustments for the buttons too e.g ok, cancel, clear etc, the ones that are cut off from my screen at 150% zoom. So I'm going to experiment with adjusting the entire panel size, and if I get no joy try and adjust the placement of the buttons at the bottom.

What I really wanted to know was the files I needed to adjust. I wasn't even looking at the dialog folder, I was snooping around the "tactics" folder, so thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction.

I'm just hoping all I need to do is adjust the size of the panel and everything else will scale as it will be a chore to then have to resize the dialog boxes within the panel individually

Sorry to post again but was just to say a massive thank you as I would never have found the appropriate files without being told which ones they were, and I've now sorted it. It was simply a case of adjusting the numbers in the following line:

<panel height="X" width="X" red_replacement="dark_box_background">

I set height to 700 and width to 1000 and it now looks fine.

working.png

Sorry to be a pain but I'm struggling to resolve the issue with the size of the team instructions panel. As you mentioned it doesn't actually have a height line the way the tactics position instructions dialog file did.

I tried adding and formatting a line for height the same way it is set up in the tactics position instructions dialog file but it's made no difference. I've also searched through the file and can see no reference to height for the panel.

As things stand the team instructions panel is so large that I need to scroll down for certain team instructions which is a pain. Any advice as to how I could potentially rectify this? It's frustrating because the player instructions panel is perfect.

Thanks in advance.

edit: Just a quick thought, below the mentalities i.e contain, defend etc it gives a description of what each mentality does, this takes up a fair bit of space and I don't really need it. I'm wondering if it's possible to remove the text entries, and whether that would make everything below push up to reduce the need for me to scroll.

Hi I've attached a screenshot :)

As you can see the tackling options aren't visible at all unless I scroll which might not be the biggest issue in the world but it's bugging me, and if I'm able to sort it I'd like to.

Appreciate the help.

Looking at it if the mentality description wasn't there everything could move up and it would be perfect, but I'm not sure whether it would be as easy as removing the text and everything scaling up to fill the space.

scroll.png

I tired adjusting the default value of 768 but it's not made a difference. It wasn't on line 14 but I used ctrl-f and there was only one value of 768 anyway so that's the one I adjusted.

With regards to deleting the text I had actually tried what you suggested but noticed that the text only refers to text that appears when you hover over a mentality, as opposed to the text below the mentality options where it gives a few sentences describing each one.

edit: You're not able to attach the file with the edits done so I can put it in my skins/panels/dialog folder (incase I'm just not doing it right), it would be appreciated if you can.

19 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

Oh it's glaring, line 14, look for the below and play with the value.

false_value="768"

Untitled.png

See if you can steal enough space... 

Wow that's even worse than mine lol. I assume you resolved that though?

3 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

Ok didn't really want to go here but for a bit of a botch job you could just make the container smaller (line 23, I'm using a base panel so not sure why our line numbering would differ but if again that's the case, it's the below)

<!--mentalities-->
      <container height="100">

Untitled.png

Ok something really weird is happening, I adjusted the mentality container but it's had no effect, infact nothing I change in tactics team strategies dialog is havng any effect for some reason.

3 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

That was just an example of what I could do when playing around with the heights, not sure why that didn't work for you but you'll see I've offered another alternative. There's quite a few options tbh. 

I appreciate the assistance but something must be wrong somewhere as nothing I'm doing in tactics team strategies dialog  is having any effect whatsoever.

I just tried making an adjustment in tactics position instructions dialog  and the changes are taking effect there, but the other one is doing nothing at all.

I've been clearing cache and reloading the skin each time but still nothing.

I'm not sure if it's breaking any rules, or whether you'd even be willing to but are you able to upload the file where you've made the adjustment to the mentality container as per your screenshot so I could give that a try?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Can I just clarify something though where do you have your tactics team strategies dialog and tactics position instructions dialog files?

Are they in skins/panels/dialogs or skins/panels/tactics? I assume the location would make a difference as to whether any changes take effect.

Ok finally getting somewhere now. I had my team stragegies dialog in the dialog folder which is why no changes were taking effect.

Thanks for your file, I'm an idiot by the way it's identical to mine (apart from the change you made to the value, when you told me line 14 I was not counting the spaces as a line lol no wonder I missed it. My file was obviously the same as yours (minus the changes you've made from default.

Anyway after altering:

<!--selected items area-->
  <container class="scrolling_box">
    <container id="tbls" height="620">

and what you mentioned here:

<!--mentalities-->
      <container height="30">

I'm now left with this :)

One other thing though the initial adjustment you asked me to make on line 14, I'm still confused why that's made no difference at all.  To clarify it's this value in bold (I've changed to 500) yeah:

<attachment class="test_screen_size_attachment" alignment="vertical" min_value="0" max_value="767" set_property="heig" true_value="700" false_value="500"/>

fixed.png

Just to update, my ocd was getting to me and I realised why the adjustment to line 14 was having no effect. You said to adjust false_value="768" but for any changes to take effect I had to adjust true_value="200" on line 14. Setting that to 200 for example gives me this:

example.png

Can I clarify that you meant to say true instead of false on line 14?

Thanks again for all your help, I'd have been lost without it,  and it looks like I'm nearly close to being able to start playing the damn game lol

I understand what you mean, still I'm glad I managed to resolve it (with your help).

I have a random question for you (unrelated to the issues on this thread), I know I can change colours of attributes of players in advanced preferences but is it possible to have attributes the same way as on FM Touch? There are coloured boxes so dark green on high attributes with the actual number inside the box in white, as opposed to just coloured numbers on football manager.

I much prefer the layout in fm touch with regards to the attributes, but not sure if it's something that can be done.

Thanks again.

Archived