4132 - Defend and Score

Hi all,

First of all credit for this tactic goes to Veez. It has been on the FMBASE forum for some time but after lots of sharing, tweaking and feedback the final version is awesome.

I have not changed the tactic but will give some detail about other bits that I do to help it.

Teamtalks -

Home Game - Assertive faith in you or More to come from you (whichever is available)

Away Game - Calm faith in you or More to come from you (whichever is available)

Halftime - Losing, drawing or 1 goal lead - Aggressive not good enough

Winning by 2 or more goals - Assertive don't get complacent then if you have any red feedback use assertive not doing too badly.

If you have ANY player still with red feedback then I sub them.

During game I use individual teamtalks on Assertive calm down if a player is booked and Assertive demand more if we are not playing well.

Tactics -

I load all 3 slots with the same formation and then change the mentality so i Have 1 counter, 1 standard and 1 attacking.

I start Home games on standard and away games on counter (unless I am a huge favorite and then I use standard) and then switch up to attacking if I need a goal and back to counter to protect a lead.

NO OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS AT ALL

Training - 

Pre-Season - Fitness on high and match tactics with slider fully on the left.

During Season - I change the fitness to Ball Control and Average once the season starts but leave match tactics until fully fluid. Once fluid I switch it to Teamwork and the slider 2 notches from the left (30%)

I also switch up the coaching staff once a month to keep it fresh.

I set my training report to monthly and when I get it I warn the poor performers that they need to improve to stay at the club and I praise the good trainers with the line that I have noticed their good performances and wanted to tell them well done.

Individual training I set to the position and role for the playing - This is VERY IMPORTANT for retraining strikers into the SS role.

Players - Wide Midfielders are big goalscorers so get some that have high finishing if possible, quite a few IF or Wingers can be retrained to this role so don't be scared to do that if you don't have much money to spend. The Central midfielder also gets into the box a lot so good finishing and long shots are good for him. Like every formation this year the wingbacks are important so get the best you can afford here too.

The Results -

Some screenshots below and yes Newcastle should win the Championship but look at the goals scored and conceded and the points total!

I have also done a video of some of the match highlights that show the tactic working and the type of goals you will see.

Link to VEEZ post of the tactic with some further advice and notes.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-17-tactics/361450-4132-strikerless-mayhem-solid-defence.html

Give it a try and let me know what you think!

20170120224702_1.jpg

20170121095121_1.jpg

20170121095124_1.jpg

20170120143604_1.jpg

20170120143606_1.jpg

VZZ HB v666 Tweak_B89BBC05-AC20-4BCC-AE87-4B25A3FE144C.fmf

i'll give it a go in a current save i'm playing and if promising i'll start a new one for it . Really getting disillusioned with the game at the minute , i'm not a tactical genius by any means and just love a tactic that doesn't need too much messing about with . Everything i've used thus far has worked to a point but get silly bi-products like 6+yellows a game or lose goals in the last 5 mins of every game . So looking forward to a new challenge , nothing to do as off work sick so will give it a go 

4 hours ago, rammalc said:

i'll give it a go in a current save i'm playing and if promising i'll start a new one for it . Really getting disillusioned with the game at the minute , i'm not a tactical genius by any means and just love a tactic that doesn't need too much messing about with . Everything i've used thus far has worked to a point but get silly bi-products like 6+yellows a game or lose goals in the last 5 mins of every game . So looking forward to a new challenge , nothing to do as off work sick so will give it a go 

Good Luck, once my team gets to 3 yellows in a game I do an ingame teamtalk to the whole team in aggressive tone and tell them to calm down, works well.

Archived