Red Cards Too Frequent?

Hey all, just bought the game again for the first time in 3 years. On my first save, I've noticed that the frequency of red cards seems to be too high. I'm currently managing in the Premier League, where after 14/15 rounds, there have been a total of 29 red cards handed out. Man City have seen red 5 times in 15 matches, Burnley 4, and Arsenal are 3rd in the red card table with 3.

My question is - is this red card frequency an aberration, or is it an issue with the ME in this version of the game?

It depends on what the sending off are for, it could be that the ME is over ex ping players to the point where they make more low  percentage tackles or refs booking booking players too soon or calling fouls that were supposed to be given following new rl instructions that have quietly been forgotten or set aside.

I don't think it's the ME - I don't get many red cards. I think it may be tactical ... AI teams setup more frequently defensive than on previous versions (IMO) ... and as part of that defensive structure they may be using the BWM role more... or high press and get stuck in TIs.

Archived