FM17 Champions League qualification places

Hi guys,

Have a small problem about the seedings and qualification places; I'm playing in Gibraltar, and our nations seeding has risen (now ranked 30th in Europe as a country). Based on this position of 30th (and the other nations around me), it looks like we should be getting 1 team in the 2nd qualifying round of the CL, and 3 teams into the 1st round of Europa League qualifying, however we only get one team in the 1st qualifying round of the CL, and 1 in the EL 1st round.

If anyone could help explain / tell me how to fix this then that'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Could the problem be that this is only what you will have next year?

The position in the ranking always defines the qualification spots for next year, not for the current year. Otherwise one could not know at the start of a season which position must be achieved for which qualification.

Being discussed there too.  I wondered if there had been a real life rule ratified so that Gibraltar would never get more than 2 involved in Europe, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  However, the GFA website does mention that they wrote to UEFA to request a 2nd spot in the Europa League, and it was granted.  I wouldn't have thought you'd have to request things if you were part of the coefficient structure, and the rise was only put in in September I believe.  So it's possible that the Gibraltar are hard-coded to only have one and one as their spots.  

It definitely didn't always used to be like that.  I got Gibraltar up to around 7th and had most of the league qualifying.  It would pretty poor if they've changed that.  If they have, then there probably isn't anything you can do to fix it, short of completely rebuilding the European competition rules, and I believe if you do that, you'll lose the dynamic nature of the coefficients.  So you're goosed effectively.  Worth raising in the data issues/bugs forum though to get SI to confirm.

Archived