[1.3] Salary numbers on contract offer not matching

In 1.3, when trying to sign my drafted players to NHL contracts for the first time, the numbers are not matching up at different points. I uploaded a screenshot & save game to the ftp to show these. In the screenshot, it lists the total salary the player wants ($2,775,000) and says it is over 3 years. It then says the average wage per year would be $694,000 (the total salary divided by 4). Where I offer at the bottom, the salary is broken into 3 years, listed at $925,000 per year. Some players it's not doing this, I think it is happening on ones that have the specific "Contract start date" line on the offer page.

http://i.imgur.com/yQBaIqV.jpg

If it's an extension you are signing then it's factoring in the current salary in the calculations. If it's a new contract then you don't have a current salary that's what makes the difference.

If you wait until the new contract comes into effect (for the extension) you'll see the correct yearly average. Bear in mind that any signing fee will be counted from the year of the signing so will be averaged over one extra year for an extension.

• SI Staff

Thanks, I'll try and reproduce this here to investigate.

Edit: Do you have a saved game from where you can still try and make this offer ? It looks to be a problem with what the game tries to set as the contract start date and I cannot get that to reproduce here.

There is a save game in the ftp (the location it ended up in is "fm > game-save > Rockdan_EHM-contract-miscalculation.sav"). That save file is the day the news item appears saying my rights to the unsigned draft choice will expire in 1 month, and no offer has been made yet. If you need something earlier, I can find a backup save, but I'm not sure how far back that would go.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived