[FM17] Comp Expectations Button (Standard and primary buttons ok. But these?)

Lewandowski85

Which buttons are these (i know the one is single and the other split) but which main folder/type are these buttons?:

http://imgur.com/0MKw4c7

I have changed both primary and standard buttons, without a problem, but can't seem to find the files affecting these. Basically the 'Embedded' button types are the only ones left in the 'graphics\buttons' folders which from the .png files look like them, but not even chaning them, has any effect in-game - anybody knows?

If its the news item then it looks like it should be controlled by the 'panels\news_item_panels\inbox\inbox content with season expectations summary panel.xml' file, however the contents of that screen are generated by the game, so from best guess I would say the contents of the :\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\boxes\custom\option boxes folder (though that might only affect the top boxes, the bottom ones look like they are disabled boxes).

16 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

If its the news item then it looks like it should be controlled by the 'panels\news_item_panels\inbox\inbox content with season expectations summary panel.xml' file, however the contents of that screen are generated by the game, so from best guess I would say the contents of the :\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\boxes\custom\option boxes folder (though that might only affect the top boxes, the bottom ones look like they are disabled boxes).

They option boxes also don't affect the disabled buttons unfortunately. Just tried.

On 9/11/2016 at 20:16, D_LO_ said:

Well it's definitely the button folder for me.

It's easy to test just scribble on the actual graphic in paint, save, clear cache and then reload skin, takes seconds.

buttons.png

excuse brightness not started the inbox yet. 

Ok i've now made ALL buttons in the FM17 button folders transparent (all types - primary, standard, embedded, deactivated, split and so on....ALL) and still they show up in the game. So definetely it's not in the button folders these need to be edited - either it's a box, or you are having some folders from FM16 maybe, which are not a part of the default FM17 extracted folders, that react to the changes in the botton folder.

Seriously this is driving me insane. I've looked through all buttons and changed them one after one, and nothings seems to work for me, in regards of changing these!!! What's going on???

As you see both standard, split and deactivated buttons are present in this pic, and all are responding to my changes, just not the split ones on top (red/black ones)...I don't even know where that red colour comes from, nor where to look for these anymore - are they hardcoded or what is going on?

buttons.jpgsube fotos

15 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

I really, really wish you had shown me your tactics screen like I asked in my first post because it's the same one that controls player and team instructions. Expect these to change too. 

C:\Users\Dan\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\skins\Skin Name\graphics\switches\toggle (I've just copied over the button graphics to here hence my confusion. I might have cut off the edges a bit at the very most check default dimensions if you want to be precise) 

I suspect all folders within are relevant but test to confirm.

Will have a look, thanks.

Yeah its controlled by the toggle graphics, in particular the button files located in \skins\fm-widgets\graphics\switches\toggle\normal\ (couldn't test earlier as I didn't have a save game with that news item as it disappears after you have confirmed your expectations), if you just want to change the colour it is the 'toggle_button' colour.

Archived