PGC: The Spanish Inquisition for FM17

MAJOR OVERHAUL AT THE NOU CAMP.....

After last seasons disappointment the manager wasted no time in moving out the players he felt were not performing..... over 200 million pounds of talent was moved out of the club including top goal scorer Andre and midfield superstar Ticinovic. 

Victo prado arguably the best Spanish player in the national team at the moment signed on at the considerable cost of 75 million pounds and 400k a week. The player once of Real madrid admitted it was a dream come true too sign for Barca and he was here too win trophys.

orjqsy.jpg

Loric Enkangemene signed on from Spanish champions Sabadell, the player was a major part of the teams title push and really filled a problem position for Barca. As an attacking midfielder who can play behind the strikers he will give barca an extra option in attack when marquez is injuried or struggling for form but to be honest if he plays like he did last season he will find himself first choice soon enough.

With the team now looking more solid as a unit and the players all complementing each other better than last year hopefully the team can perform too the high levels it has in the past and push on too claim another title for Akinbiyi

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ucam.jpg

UCAM Murcia - The struggles of an average team

At UCAM Murcia, I've for quite a few seasons now been struggling to take the club to the next level and break into Top 10 as a regular. This struggle is primarily due to lack of budgets and status to attract good enough players to strengthen us enough. And this season was no different.

Let's start by looking at the transfers in an out...

vV3BwPmVTLGLX_cvtV7EnQ.png

As you can see, this has been one of the few seasons, where we've actually spend quite a bit more than we've sold for, but this was also very much needed, as we're usually going 2 steps back and 1 forward.

In came a much needed DL from Arsenal, a much needed AMC from the states, a new young DM, a youth DC and a young striker for the bench... However, on the out-side, none of my regulars actually left the side... Which was a first time for me... But... None of the signings really had a breakthrough season...

Y5gEl2JZT9yrJc-Tjh3HAg.png

89PZkRcPSKOCIxtw3J6ZEw.png

As our league form shows, we struggles to find a good form throughout the season, with our best run being 4 wins in a row... But the most dissappointing was to go out in the cup on pens against La Coruna...

A75BdlmHRuWabPMOZmG_bg.png

A big concern the past few seasons has been that we don't have a striker scoring 20+ goals... Without that we can't hope to be a regular part of the top 10. My theory is that it's not as such the strikers that the issue, but my AMC position and MC's, that simply don't create enough good chances...

mRPpoe1uSD_S5zfl0V0eVQ.png

Our season review shows how this was pretty much a season to forget... We didn't do awful, but not very well either...

y7JOW7iTTbCTduJq4R0wMw.png

One positive from the season is that my reserve striker Bouhafs is developing nicely and will be a starter from next season...

Sabadell -

Well another season for us, another cracker as well finished on 96 points with two hot pursuers in Ali and Gilly right in behind to close for comfort on 94, truth be told this season was mental it was a case of drop points and your falling out the top 3 and that's even if you had won 10 in a row previously, I was over 40+ games unbeaten in the league 25 where this season then I hit a bad patch and found myself in second after only losing twice the entire campaign which was absolutely mental IMO, imagine being that long unbeaten and finally considering 2 loses in say 30 games a bad patch and being knocked down to second? the competition really has been that fierce!! I went into the final game of the season after drawing against the AI thinking i had bottled my chances i hit the woodwork in that game 6 times it felt like it was just having me over at the worst possible time but then Barcelona bottled the title big time on the final day drawing their game allowing me to scoop the prize, quite an incredible season and a testament to the teams at the top for it being so close.

Sabadell League champions, Here we go two in a row :p:p

Onto the cups, Semi final of the Spanish to be completely done over by Madrid, honestly this was something special they did nothing over two legs but somehow i hit the post missed a penalty constantly battered their goal to no avail and the one or two shots they had went in, amazing really but this is FM and that happens.

Champions league, Met Gills Barcelona in the semis after walking around the knockout stages with a Connor McGregor Esq swagger and his assistant absolutely humiliated me on the stats board the game looked even but he converted almost every chance peppering me 6-1 in the first leg leaving me next to no chance, so our focus then shifted to the league and the man who bent me over pulled my briefs down and skelped my arse, eventually won it as well.

Players of the year - Petrovic

Signing of the season - Campana

Best youngster - Verhelst

Screenies to come shortly.

Jamie - Llagostera

LLago.png.1c50033b396d772aa3fdb9cdb3170937.png

4th Place finish and champs league qualification in a season where i was away for the second half is a solid return and another year for my young squad to improve theres not much else i can say as i dont really know what went on in game.

Screenshot_82.thumb.png.9c64f4a7b75fcfa7230aad28e833ccb5.pngScreenshot_83.thumb.png.fb169a55e6ca0b2b7537c4594ea1f531.pngScreenshot_84.thumb.png.3329e740fdedd558d8a5d3e7ca2d3ae1.png

Onto new season and another year with poor funds just 5 million and well over wage budget so no play in the budget.

What i had not noticed was Aliprantis wages had some how crept up to 425k a week so hes been crippling the finances single handed but nobody wants him with those kind of wages so he will see out the final year of his contract and we will be free of his heavy pockets.

Summer dealings

Screenshot_85.thumb.png.63b6ffa60de68d0e9bbf929ae53199cd.png

Not much to talk about young high potential gk and some squad fillers in and a few poor performers out to raise funds.

The league at the top is really tough with 94+ points needed to win the league breaking into the top 3 is going to be near impossible so we are fighting to pick off the scraps and get whatever trophies in the bag we can and maintain top 4 with Stu chasing over the next few seasons..

2pr93io.jpg

AKINBIYI SURVIVES DESPITE ABSCENCE

Barcelona have decided to keep faith with manager Akinbiyi despite him missing the entire season. The manager had to serve 10 months of an 18 month conviction for transporting frogs illegally over the Spanish border too France. Animal rights campaigners had expected a tougher sentence saying the manager knew full well the frogs were going to end up cooked in breadcrumbs with a little lemon juice but Akinbiyis defence team claimed the manager thought they were going too a frog sanctuary of some kind to live out there days in a luxury setting.

The managers team did an excellent job without him and played out the tactics left by Akinbiyi to an extremely high standard. They only lost out on the league title on the last day of the season and after putting out the mighty Sabadell they then beat underperforming recreativo in the final to win the champions league.

Akinbiyi has vowed to steer clear of any more trouble and hopes to be in place in the dug out for all of the coming season.

YY0VjD-9ScSg0WfIXjX5ww.thumb.png.445e61a2b0f46062655b16e232213f8e.png
KaRHUFQ3Qrqk8o15JOY_WA.thumb.png.4afd09084b12bb5b0c10e07bb547a63a.png
                                                                                            Season 2030-2031

Players who joined Real Oviedo:

Pedro Suarez (       ) & Joaquim Cardoso (      )

aa3607ab573825672d44301b03f8cfde.thumb.jpg.d33dda0afeda210e6300e04d4afb72fc.jpg7e45d85b9d18b97930a29a999c0f1f04.thumb.jpg.62cb63fd9296e4be1772b960bb438c36.jpg

Pre-Season Fixtures:

No Pre-Season Fixtures available

Youth Facilities:

The board have planned to upgrade Youth Facilities.

Season:

Before joining Oviedo they where hanging around mid-table in Secunda Division (10th place), after signing a long-term contract at Oviedo, my first day on the
job was the 5th of January 2032. I had only 5 days to prepare my team for an important game against Barcelona B who where on top of the league. I was
surprise my team understood my tactics straight away and we won the game 3-0. Nice start at my new job. After that we continued building and winning
games and went up the table to the 3rd place until the last game of season. We could secure a 2nd place and go up to La Liga, but first we had to win
against Barcelona B again (still 1st in the league), our team battle all game long and where 1-0 up, but Victor Lange spoiled our chance to go up straight
away with a 30 yard long shot and ended the game with a draw (1-1).

We ended the league in 5th place and secured an playoff position against At. Bilbao.

jCLKeoUdTn6-EBa7GSatZQ.thumb.png.d3cb9c803651da763298f51b51a41f94.png

Playoffs where over for us and started concentrating on next season.

Expectations for next season:

We will continue building Oviedo to become a contender to win the league next season or secure a playoff position to get promoted to La Liga.

Until next time .....

ucam.jpg

UCAM - Building towards the future...

The season before this, we finished 14th, and were coming off a season with very few major additions made to the team.

But this season was gonna be a season with major changes... Mario Bösch had come into the team two seasons ago and wanted to move on already, so when a bid of 15M came in, we took this as an opportunity to cash in and rebuild the side...

NoU_MyLJSjejPngMv62I0A.png

So out went Bösch, my former top striker Manuel Campos and a whole bunch of fringe players went out on loan to free up wages... This allowed me to make some big transfers (by UCAM's standards)...

In came the young strikers Stian Nygård and Pavel Dostalek... Two players who are set to become our top strikers within a few seasons... (More on Nygård later)...

In also came the biggest transfer of UCAM's history - Cyril Rossi, a swiss youth from Basel for 17.5M... A player with massive potential... But as I'm writing this half a season behind, I can tell you, that he in the next season got injured for 9 months, so he's lost his previous Wonderkid status....

Pda7_rbRQve4fNSccK7Sqg.png

The remaining of my signings were actually all sent directly to my B side, who was finally up in Second Division again, so I decided to try and get them promoted soon...

Back to Nygård!

vaC5dw5MQfuBvcQ3Rewxyg.png

He's a player with massive potentiel in my opinion. His first season for me was very bad though. He played 10 games, 1 starting and 9 as a sub, and didn't get a single goal... However, in the summer, after the season in writing, he won both Golden Boot and Best Player of the Euro U19 Championship... And I think there loads of good stuff to come from him in the future...

zvd9cPtpRW21J_Qk5j2YDg.png

Vy71fl5ZTQiaQ5eev2qQdQ.png

Now onto the season!

DBBD1jHoTl69PLC6mhdIlw.png

We had a very bad start to the league with a very bad run after the 1st game - mainly due to playing 6 top teams in 7 games! After that horrific run, we had a decent point return for the rest of the first half season...

XUDzoUAvR7W25e9Phfp05Q.png

But after the second run against the top teams, we never found our footing again and only won 2 games in the second half of the season!

This is of course an extremely bad half season, but luckily enough, we never really came into the relegation battle, and we can now look towards the next season and hopefully some better results...

Jamie - LLagostera

LLago.png.b3d228ed135d51a2330af8b784b60700.png

Another season gone and the same old thing really the league is separated by a top 3 miles ahead of me and then i'm miles ahead of everyone else in the league so i'm really on my own in the 4th place league with no challengers.

Can we mount a challenge ?

If we can be more solid in the away games against the top teams then yes but thats a big if we got hammered at Heulva and Barca last season nothing i try seems to work but at home we are a match for anyone on our day.

Screenshot_88.thumb.png.2f568abdcc125decc67a7f5b75a92eb6.pngScreenshot_89.thumb.png.8a57d19826c0ffd62a3f01a5298b042e.pngScreenshot_90.thumb.png.7977b9abc46a09c64f48c6c1773104b2.png

In the winter window Gills finally twisted my arm and got a deal on my top midfielder Luiz offering a player i rate highly plus 70 mill it was too good to turn down and the money helped strengthen the squad for the new season.

Altsinger the player i got in exchange.

Screenshot_92.thumb.png.8e10a7da47769ebdab9ea3aba58ef9c7.png

Summer Window

Screenshot_91.thumb.png.f52aa588571e830f453fa9fb66f88c82.png

One big outgoing on a free is one of my top performers in the last 4 or 5 seasons getting 20+ goals each year but earning ridiculous wages i couldn't afford to keep him and he has free up over 10 million pound in wages which i converted into transfer spends.

Looking at the new season and i'm expecting more of the same top 4 with a chance of a cup win if we are lucky.

Sabadell 

The start of this season was decent we won the super cup, we looked like we could be decent until ... the league started and we just had our worst start in years this wrote us straight away as our rivals started on fire, we fell behind at an early stage and if you play in a league against teams who simply don't lose this is costly, we fell behind Barca and Huelva early and basically stayed there but what we did was we clawed it back with a great middle period in the league but it was never enough to stop Barcelona this season they notched up over 100 points the highest since this game started impressive tally Gills has put together a team of galactico's spent a bloody fortune but bought a team that's a nightmare to play against, even when he misses his assman is also a nightmare so u cannot win haha :D he deserves a ton of praise tho for an impressive points tally and as does all the lads in the top 4, when 94/95 points doesn't win u a league u know your in a tough and very competitive league which is keeping the league fun and forcing people to play at the highest of standards.

Cups - well bleh met the afore mentioned king galactico in the cup got edged out over two legs, and again in the champions league we got to our first final which we lost that kind of blew ... to say the least but again my sides young its great and on our day we can match anyone really but Gilly's team is on another planet back to front. 

What i need ? basically a new defense and GK they where such a weak link last season losing so many quality players at the back finally caught up with me, and now iv lost my top goalscorer and top assist player for the last 5+ seasons as well so life without the main man will be tough, but again we have had a sell for profit but in good young policy for a long time so we will manage.

59a4454876a1d_BOARDSCONFIDANCE.png.13a94358d0005e3badbc3c4d4954de20.png59a445b03c3d7_THEBESTTHEREIS.thumb.png.91c370532526d1829b4cb423c854b9e8.png

first is the board confidence, my board seem to read from the same script every season but at least in this late stage in the game their still very happy :D and the last SS is a tribute to my player of the season top goalscorer and top of the assist charts for the last 4/5 seasons Petrovic, i took 40m on him because of his age but i really hope i dont live to regret it.

Season 2031-2032

Frank Daeumier (Estoril - 100K), Stephane Yao (Huelva - 2M), Noah Bastos (Gil Vicente - 975K), Andre Goncalves (Academica - 1M), Rodrigo Oliveira (Braga - 600K), Emile Niang (Generation Foot - 20K)

a8UjirX4S4Sw7FjzG71DpA.thumb.png.d60e60165dbe6a1b898362fde06c5cdd.png4dea633fc2df1dabaa075cf6afae6656.thumb.png.832e47c061d1bf60147d2c6c86b88224.png

a8UjirX4S4Sw7FjzG71DpA.thumb.png.602199cfb4a902c0e3a406f1cbcd3cf0.pnga8UjirX4S4Sw7FjzG71DpA.thumb.png.307dbd9c0a28fa4991aba059497670b4.png

a8UjirX4S4Sw7FjzG71DpA.thumb.png.946fe401a3fe3fa62b9cc2ef8100e350.pnga8UjirX4S4Sw7FjzG71DpA.thumb.png.48544b26090cf6f9cea2370614f76642.png

Pre-Season Fixtures:

a8UjirX4S4Sw7FjzG71DpA.thumb.png.19bf3e40ed0fd5ebd428fbf353a058ee.png

Youth Facilities:

Season:

We ended the league in 7th place and secured an playoff position against Getafe.

a8UjirX4S4Sw7FjzG71DpA.thumb.png.77b75e813c9468e52ac9f99ca2d06fa5.png

Playoffs where over for us and started concentrating on next season.

We will continue building Oviedo to become a contender to win the league next season or secure a playoff position to get promoted to La Liga.

Until next time .....

a8UjirX4S4Sw7FjzG71DpA.png

ucam.jpg

Another "mediocre" season?

So this season we finished 14th in the league - same as the season before... So can I honestly say that it was a mediocre season? Or is this really just our level?

It was a season with massive transfer activity... Even more than unusual for me...

2vYOOwdoQfWxc_ie3b0O8w.png

We sold our starting GK for the past few seasons, as he kept being unhappy and wanting to leave... We also sold our best DC, as he had a poor season before this... Along with those two, we sold a very good MC/AMC and a few fringe strikers, while sending several young players and fringe players out on loan... In total we sold for 26.5M... Fairly decent for a small side like ours...

Coming into the club, I had some help from Sean and Gilly who both sent me players who went in to my starting 11 and did a fine job for me... And we also splashed on a record signing, spending 19M on Halilovic, my new 1st choice striker, who bagged 10 goals in 15 games when he came... Unfortunately, my star, Cyril Rossi, that I splashed on the season before, got injured for 9 months and we suffered without him in MC... I'm hoping his injury has worsened him too much...

oE5iXSGtQi6_8T0c7r1BlA.png

The first half of the season was fairly decent... We kept up with the midtable teams and went through to the next round in the cup, and things were actually improving for us... This had a lot to do with a new tactic, where I dropped my AMC to MC and played more on the counter... This worked well as I have a good combination of strong and fast strikers...

-0Pd7t8NSOyg0w4daAbK0g.png

In the second half, we had a normal horrible form showing up just after winter - and lost to Gilly on away goals in the cup!... But we pulled back towards the end and finished acceptable...

However, it's going to be a very difficult season now, as we're going into next season without any transfer budget...

1PiR-KN5SJuOyFgChUpr-g.png

9ghnbd.jpg

BARCA BACK WITH A BANG....

The faith the Barca board should in Akinbiyi was unlikely as much as it was risky, but wow did he return on it. A record breaking season where the team was pushed all the way by a young Sabadell team and trophy hungry Recreativo resulted in a four trophy haul. The highlight of the season was returning the league trophy back where it belonged in the Barca trophy cabinet. Closely followed was the Champions League success over a top Sabadell side who had won the league the two years previous. A record league points total for our clan off 103 points says it all and the reality of the situation just now is that its going to take points totals like that too win the league every year the standard is so high. I have to give a special mention to Ali and Sean who pushed Barca all the way this year and I fully expect the same next year too.

35ddn9e.png         

BARCA SPLASH THE CASH 

Screenshot_72.png

Barca have spent a whopping 95 million on what the manager hopes will be the next superstar in his star studded midfield. Alao was always on the teams radar and after it was mader clear by the player he wanted to join the champions league wineers the manager told the board he is my one and only target this summer.

• 2 weeks later...

59b0958e45382_Screenshot_57(3).thumb.png.1b474dd488dbd021572b76da9bfdde50.png

Barca have done it again, another league title in the bag this one going down to head to head record. Sabadell pushed the title winners all the way and even though the team had the title wrapped up with two games to spare Seans team clawed and fought right to the end. Barca added a Spanish cup too this years trophy haul and narrowly lost on penalties to Recreativo in the champs league final.  It was a hugely succesfull season with Barca stayin undefeated well into February in the league. The stand out player this year was Victor Prado who really is startin too show his true class scoring important goals in big games and controlling the midfield.

Screenshot_95.thumb.png.c5d0d06bf3d82996b22a9684200f01d3.pngScreenshot_96.thumb.png.6fb9a6dbd4bcb0046ef53e1e6b47cf43.png

Jamie - Llagostera

LLago.png.bd92811cfd356b39b803805aab271198.png

An up and down season overall we started the season ok at the back but struggled to find the net early on with a slightly more defensive set up, in the league it worked out ok we were sneaking games 1-0 but in the champions league we suffered going out in the group stages drawing too many of the games dropping in to the europa league which wasn't all that bad as it gave us a good chance of our first trophy in a few seasons.

After going out of the Champions league i went back to what we know and thats going forward in games and the league form turned out to be our best points total so far as the young players are developing well and it important i keep them for the remainder of our clan game as funds have more or less dried up losing 48 million last season so spending on players is probably done for the foreseeable future.

Last seasons spending

Screenshot_97.thumb.png.ba8b732d67319b34d17a9a33e4b2cce9.png

This summer

Screenshot_96.thumb.png.8f80b9862b553e878230936ea1b451ad.png

Seasons results

Screenshot_93.thumb.png.1cebb0ffa94f973507e17f76cbc8e254.pngScreenshot_94.thumb.png.7beb3ba79c9cde747b0a78d16c20bbe6.pngScreenshot_95.thumb.png.4ca85dad0dc499cc1787a3a240a9d071.png

I'm happy with the season overall we went on to win the europe league with ease beating roma 3-0 in the final with over 30 shots and just 3 against we were unlucky in losing the spanish cup final to a 93rd min goal 3-2 to Gills Barca and we got our record points total in the league closing the gap on the big 3.

Screenshot_98.thumb.png.01e8e689dbb14ff8f9f2bc639e760f0a.png

This season is about pushing the top 3 a bit closer again and i want a semi final of champions league at least this year.

ucam.jpg

UCAM - Mediocreness over?

After several seasons of being a mediocre team who barely pushed for Top 10, things were finally improving this season for poor old UCAM!

Lets start with the transfers! We were in an awful positions financially, and I was forced to act with limited funds in the window...

LVBOUF0oSXqv_adlcBI57w.png

In fact, I only bought 1 player for money! And he was sent directly to my B-team! The two only free purchases were reserves! However, Gilly and Sean were kind enough to lend me some good players for free.  As such, you can see that my transfer window wasn't really anything to remember... I sold lots of fringe players, but not anyone from my starting 11. But... it seemed to be enough, as I'll show you now...

ETYUs68FRM2Op1RD_mlpUw.png

We have a decent start to the season with 3 wins in the first 4 games, before we had a tough run with only 1 win in 10 games... As such, I didn't think we were on for a great season, but another mediocre season of battling to push for Top 10. We were unlucky in the cup, where my reserves were sent out on away goals against Numancia. Sure, it might have been a bit nonchalant to play mostly reserves, but I could see that my next couple of rounds were gonna be extremely difficult anyway - with Real Madrid being the next one...

F_d07bCsR7aO76PYRh7t-g.png

Things were quite different in the league though. My worst form normally comes just after the winter window, but this time, things were a lot different. We went on a 13 game unbeaten run with most being wins. And suddenly we were fighting for 5th place with Real Madrid. A bad run towards the end however sent us down to 6th place, which we took just ahead of Celta Vigo on better H2h.

Overall, this was an amazing improvement without any major upgrades to the team... One of the reasons for this was the fact that my former star striker, Lindberg Ottesen, had his 3rd best season for me.

hY4cmj26SsW1138Crgp9XQ.png

So, as weird as it sounds, UCAM are now off to play EURO Cup, starting in the group stage!

Sabadell fc 

This season was actually a decent one for my pot less side, we notched up a cracking tally of 98 points and only lost the league title on head to head to a fantastic Barcelona team, to lose it by one goal was gutting but id resided myself to losing it a few games before that so i wasn't to gutted in all fairness.

Moral of the story, i had a year where we done very good but won nothing so despite doing good it feels poop :-D 

its not easy in this game, far from it infact with the top 4 being such high standards 2 or more loses and your as good as out the title race, i managed to pull of my highest tally to date in this game and it still wasn't good enough, i won the league seasons back with less points but again the standard each year seems to improve. 

I have a fondness for this club now, we have won things the hard way with no money losing several of our best players to recycle the money into the transfer market and find fresh players, we have done this year in year out since i took over, where my fondness ends tho is my new takeover which i suffered 6 embargo's of false hope and waiting has landed me an owner who takes away wages and money and says no to everything :D a bit like the old owner but only this guy takes the P. 

My window? sold 148m bought 60... yes a top 4 club in the no1 league in the world playing champions league football is sitting with 0 funds 0 wages after selling more than double what he's bought, i can't work it out but whatever i am used to it... all i will say is its hard to compete in an environment where u get no backing, which is why ill cherish what i have won and not dwell over what i could of won. 

BOMSHIT.thumb.png.680d63320ab0516b6a60958266a4826f.png59b6cb6620246_ABOUTZEECLUB.thumb.png.3379d1a125129bcca8e99130b2c083e9.png

Season 2032-2033

Jesus Olivares (Free), Hudson (ATM - 1M), Ruben Cruz (Vizela - 450K), Alfredo Murillo (Once Caldas)

94f36b53a2ab835c3f0a8875154edc38.thumb.png.aa198880ae82d8a85e61637ee7676ca8.png84a8d7183b194068ce32cc9b06b77e8a.thumb.png.767f6e89f13859d5b6e8bba9f8b1e7b0.png

b081ffc4e38f2a3272ad43f410fc216a.thumb.png.19e556c34a177b04e3c152511a9677b3.png6bdd66a01d0e6984dc1b08e520019e81.thumb.png.3a404ab9ff4a89c57d3bed1727338708.png

Pre-Season Fixtures:

9298586b28c8f8f8c6d86e2b3e33f3b5.thumb.png.b7962d2ad4ac530428fcbc65a9f6aa43.png

Youth Facilities:

Season:

We've maintained all season long at the top of the league and won the league. Getafe who ended 2nd in the league had 8 points less.
All season long we played solid and team played one unit to conquer the league title, we are very please to go back to La Liga after 21 years.

9c0eb45052e6077a7e8df8d17978141e.thumb.png.2e9f4b9568a4c28e7864e17b7f9fd0e9.png

We will continue building Oviedo and try to avoid relegation from La Liga.

Until next time .....

• 2 weeks later...

ucam.jpg

UCAM - A European adventure...

Coming off our best season to date, where we finished 6th and have qualified for Europe, we now had a big season ahead of us, with higher expectations than ever.

We were however strapped for cash, so we had to sell to buy, and our board decided to accept bids on our top striker, Halilovic, and one of our best DC's... Which meant we were now on the hunt for new strikers... In came the young wonderkid Jan Pecha and the young future star Ginestet, while I also decided to keep my young striker Stian Nygård at home, instead of sending him on another loan... These strikers had to supplement my former star Lindberg Ottesen, who had sprung to life again last season...

Furthermore, some young players joined the club for my B side and in the winter window, Berisha joined to give me the possiblity of changing my DM in my tactic to an AMC at times...

o4WrRVW_QA_JeVqqdj2Blg.png

With my 1st choice striker and 3rd choice striker (Bouhafs) sold in the window, I had to find a new constellation for the front 2 positions. At first I tried with Lindberg Ottesen and mixing between Pecha and Nygård as his partner, but soon Nygård moved to 1st choice, as he kept banging in great goals, while Lindberg and Pecha became tied for 2nd choice with Ginestet as 4th...

AQqDx8VkStCkeF8x_lZrqg.png

We had a very mixed first half of the season. It was very on and off for our side, sometimes we played amazing, while other times we fell short to weaker teams. However, in Europe we were doing well, where we managed to beat Chelsea to get 1st in our group.

mMqfop3SQGWVnVe4CiKrbg.png

In the second half of the season, it paid off that we had found our 1st choice striker in Nygård, who kept banging in goal after goal... But we struggled to keep the oppostion from scoring, as our defence was very weak this season... In the end though, enough draws managed to keep us from failing to far down the table, and we grabbed an important 7th place to get Europe again...

i2qycji5Sm6UAEbg8p0zwQ.png

As you can see below, my strikers had a decent season for UCAM's standard - with Nygård having a GREAT season with 28 goals! Ottesen and Pecha followed with okay performances, with a good mix of goals and assists...
gRC_gdjsQYiE_47TmPdgGg.png

This also meant Nygård was the Young Player of the Year in the league...

kuRm2-vgRSiVEIYiDCzfBA.png

And the Player of the Season for UCAM....

xKm2qbW7SMqqWR4UfjBilA.png

And the season was a decent follow-up to our best season yet...

acNh4W4LRBuVuBvpXv6FTg.png

Archived