Not enough AHL Players in CPU Teams

Hey guys,

i didn't found anything about this problem.

After some season some ahl teams have only 13 players and can't even suit up a full line up.

I'm using:

TBL Rosters v8.2

EHM early access 1.2.1

size of database: normal

NHL, AHL, ECHL, OHL, WHL, QMJHL and Memorial Cup are enhanced.

Many teams with this problem: Manitoba Moose, Providence Bruins, Bridgeport Sound Tigers, Hartford Wolf Pack, Hershey Bears, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, Toronto Marlies, Binghamton Senators, Utica Comets, Rochester Americans, Albany Devils, Grand Rapids Griffins, Rockford IceHogs, Chicago Wolves, San Antonio Rampage, San Jose Barracuda, Ontario Reign and Bakersfield Condors.
In all those teams is at least one player too less.

It happens always after one season. The screenshot is from the offseason, but this problem is also while the season. I just managed one team, the Sarnia Stings from the OHL.

I started also a new game with full database and there i had also the problem.

I uploaded a save game, "WookieCrasher_not enough AHL Players in CPU Teams"

And i uploaded also the same screenshot like i attached here " WookieCrasher_not enough AHL Players in CPU Teams_1"

WookieCrasher_Not enough AHL Players in CPU Teams_1.png

Hmmmm.....your screenshot has a date of September 19th, which is weeks before the AHL season actually starts & at a time when NHL teams have their training camps (where many soon-to-be AHL players are likely to be)

AHL teams are farm teams for NHL teams, and receive most of their players from the NHL team (they're not actually contracted to the AHL team), and that won't happen until the end of the NHL Training Camps/just before the start of the NHL season

44 minutes ago, WookieCrasher said:

After some season some ahl teams have only 13 players and can't even suit up a full line up.

When you write "after some season" what time frame are you referring to? After the season is over? If so, it doesn't matter how many players an AHL team has in the off-season

EDIT Oops! Just reread things and noticed you said "The screenshot is from the offseason, but this problem is also while the season" - if your saved game is from the same time frame I don't think it's going to be very helpful (it confuses me why you'd show a screenshot that doesn't show the problem you're noticing...I hope your uploaded save isn't from the offseason/preseason)

With "after some season" and later "after one season" i meant that in the first season everything is okay, but from the second season on many teams doesn't have enough players.

Unfortunately the saved game is from the preseason (3 days before the start of the regular season). I thought i doesn't matter because the problem is all year.

1.png

2.png

But i could also upload a saved game from november. New game and different team, but same problem.

1 hour ago, WookieCrasher said:

I thought i doesn't matter because the problem is all year.

I guess I thought since it doesn't matter how many players are on the team during the offseason it's not actually a problem in the offseason, it'd only be a problem when the AHL is actually "in season"

It shouldn't make any difference but the latest version of the game is 1.2.2f not 1.2.1 as you're using.

I haven't seen anyone else reporting this. Are you using an unmodified database or have you edited it in any way?

Could it be a corrupt database (download problems)?

To me this sounds like it could possibly be a corrupted database.

Yes, downloaded the newest version yesterday.

I downloaded many things, like Logos, Facepacks, etc. if you mean that with modified database. Actually i hadn't any problem with the downloads. The only way to find it out would be to delete all those things, or?

51 minutes ago, WookieCrasher said:

Yes, downloaded the newest version yesterday.

I downloaded many things, like Logos, Facepacks, etc. if you mean that with modified database. Actually i hadn't any problem with the downloads. The only way to find it out would be to delete all those things, or?

No, I was talking about editing the game database with one of the editors available - changing teams around and moving players and changing rules and that sort of thing.

The test would be to start a new game with the standard database (not the TBL) and see if the same thing happens there. If it works normally with the standard database then it definitely sounds like there is something wrong with your download of the TBL database.

Just ran into the same issue- playing the blue line challenge with the 1998 DB- in November 2001 the Philly Phantoms forfeited due to too few players.  They had two under their contract, and only 10 from the Flyers.

I don't have a save right before (I actually noticed while it was saving) just two weeks before.

Archived