AI assigns goalie to affiliate/juniors

Using TBL Rosters 8.1, in year 2020 during the training camp with EDM. I have 4 G contracted and 4 G on a try-out, using 4 teams in TC. In between the training camp scrimmages I play EXH games. After every EXH game the AI assigned one G. After the first EXH-game G Eriksson Ek got assigned to BAK, I recalled him immediately. Then after EXH-game 2 G Oliver Lafreniere got assigned to BAK, I recalled him immediately. After EXH-game 3 G Michael Demers got sent back to Juniors by the AI, which one cannot revert for the current season. Luckily I had planned to send him back to Juniors anyway, but this could have been a pain in the ass if I had planned to develop him in the AHL.

GM options: "Use current team selection" and "Use current lines" are the only GM-options activated.

Save-game (right after Lafreniere got assigned and called up again) got uploaded to ftp://ftp.sigames.com/fm/game-pkm/. File-name is Bam_Margera_AI_assigns_GK.zip.

There's a roster limit that's not mentioned anywhere at 65 players for any (exhibition) game. You should get a warning that the game cannot proceed without roster changes but might not get it if you're on vacation. You don't say how many players you have total on your training camp roster but have a look to see if that might be it.

PS. When you go on vacation there's an option in that dialog box "Set how to handle status of players". If you have that set to "Allow changes" then your assistant GM will make changes if he encounters the 65 player limit. Demoting Goalies is what is likely to happen in that case.

There's a roster limit that's not mentioned anywhere at 65 players for any (exhibition) game. You should get a warning that the game cannot proceed without roster changes but might not get it if you're on vacation. You don't say how many players you have total on your training camp roster but have a look to see if that might be it.

PS. When you go on vacation there's an option in that dialog box "Set how to handle status of players". If you have that set to "Allow changes" then your assistant GM will make changes if he encounters the 65 player limit. Demoting Goalies is what is likely to happen in that case.

I'm never on vacations with my NHL-GM. Funny thing though: When I played and encountered this the first time the warning did not plop up. Now that I've reloaded the game it does happen...

And yeah, there are exactly 65 players on my roster. Would be good if this was mentioned in the warning and not that "the roster is incomplete".

Thanks for the hint to this.

Yes. It took some head scratching for me to figure it out...

It's a quite unlikely scenario that can only happen if you play exhibition games during training camp and have more than 15 invitees so I guess it's not really a "game breaker".

What I do in such cases is simply to send a player or two down to the farm for the game and then immediately bring them back up again. I just have to check that any training schedule don't get lost for the player in the process (which means it's easier to use a goalie).

Archived