Relegation fascination.

Hey all, im a returning player from the championship manager days well i stopped playing when fm and champ were both being released together due to my p.c being crap.

So i pick villa obviously i like a challenge and real life supporter (They are a bag of faeces)I i love the struggle of relegation in this game its awesome trying just to get 40 points, getting dominated but scoring on the break/set piece then clinging on for the 1.0, putting together a bit of form then getting your top 3 players injured and looking at the youth for any kind of competant player to fill the gaps as you have no transfer budget, or even retraining a player into a new position to cover.Even getting called in by the board to get told you have 4 games to keep your job or getting whooped 3or 4 games in a row then looking around at the glum faces in the changing room before a fa cup tie against carlisle and fearing the worst only for it to actually happen.Btw i disable 1st transfer window to make the season more realistic

I have done 3 saves with villa survived twice relegated once iv also done a everton save which was fun but differant getting frustrated because you draw to norwich away whereas with villa im quite happy with that.

Basically what im trying to say is if you havnt already i would pick a struggler and have a go rolling with the punchestrust me its more fun than you think

Edit Congrats SI for making such a immersive thought provoking game.

Hey all, im a returning player from the championship manager days well i stopped playing when fm and champ were both being released together due to my p.c being crap.

So i pick villa obviously i like a challenge and real life supporter (They are a bag of faeces)I i love the struggle of relegation in this game its awesome trying just to get 40 points, getting dominated but scoring on the break/set piece then clinging on for the 1.0, putting together a bit of form then getting your top 3 players injured and looking at the youth for any kind of competant player to fill the gaps as you have no transfer budget, or even retraining a player into a new position to cover.Even getting called in by the board to get told you have 4 games to keep your job or getting whooped 3or 4 games in a row then looking around at the glum faces in the changing room before a fa cup tie against carlisle and fearing the worst only for it to actually happen.Btw i disable 1st transfer window to make the season more realistic

I have done 3 saves with villa survived twice relegated once iv also done a everton save which was fun but differant getting frustrated because you draw to norwich away whereas with villa im quite happy with that.

Basically what im trying to say is if you havnt already i would pick a struggler and have a go rolling with the punchestrust me its more fun than you think

Edit Congrats SI for making such a immersive thought provoking game.

Done it too! Managed Darmstadt in the Bundesliga and got relegated... but still enjoyed it! I also really enjoyed it nonetheless.

Archived