Need Help About Scouting/Transfers

I am considering myself noob at this game and i need some pointers how you guys handle scouting and transfers.

1. About searching players, I am going into too detail and at the end i feel like i am loosing broader perspective. I dont know much about players except the ones in the big teams like Barcelona or MTU. When i look the players list in transfer window, i cant determine who to transfer just by looking at names. So i click on players one by one till the end of the list and its becoming a chore to look at all. How can i manage to make good transfers without making it too complicated and time consuming? Is there any guide for this?

2. As i said i dont know much about players except famous ones, how can i track good players that i dont know? For example, if a good player is transfer listed in like southampton, how can i know this? I read somewhere that by subscribing to competitions, i can learn about rising players or good players. Also is following transfer rumours in news helps? I dont want to miss good players especially during transfer windows who are transfer listed.

These are the areas im struggling. Any help appreciated.

As your knowledge is limited I'd recommend sticking to using the scouts, each season identify a couple of positions that you would like to improve, go to the squad depth>by Position for help spotting obvious weaknesses if you're not confident in your ability to spot them. You can thej ask your scouts to search for players who can play in that position & can play the role that you have set for that position in you main tactic. The scout will then set off looking for potential signings. The trick is in sending the scouts to the right nation/region to find the players you want & that does depend on where you're managing.

You can also ask your Director of football to look for new signing, if you do not have one then out out a job ad to get one, they are much better at plugging gaps in your team than many give them credit for.

The key advise is to avoid sigig players just because they are good & you recognise their name, chances are you'll end up with a bunch of expensive, high reputation players that you didn't actually need

Hi thanks for the answer. I will try them. In one of my saves Memphis Depay was transfer listed which he was perfect for my tactics as inside forward. I saw him with luck and got him relatively cheaper. I was browsing the transfer window and luckily saw him. But i dont know how many good players i miss that are transfer listed and i couldnt catch especially if they fit my tactics. Is there a page or a way to get news about transfer listed players except shortlisting them one by one?

What's always been very helpful to me is when you sign a new scout and they give you back their "initial scouting report". If you signed a scout with high judging potential then these reports are usually gold. They also often include very young players, 16-17 yrs old, who I've found that it's much more difficult to spot on your own or even with scouting assignments. You can also ask the new scout to "recommend a signing" when they first join. The one player they suggest is usually, but not always, a quality player I know nothing about.

There are different approaches depending on what team you are, what is your league reputation , what is your scouting range. Few general things i follow while signing players are ,

1. If i am very small team say conference level team , then i send my scouts to my scouting range( country + maybe surrounding nations) throughout the season and at the end of season look to youth departures in my country.

2. If i am pro club playing in low league I do as above plus i offer trials to any foreign players offered to me by agents.

3. If i am championship level team and allowed to scout whole europe , first thing i do is I subscribe to top 20-30 teams in europe. this will show their transfer activity and transfer rumours. In the subscription page remove all things except transfer rumours and transfer activity. i have snapped a lot of promising players before they sign for big teams. This also helps to know which player is transfer listed by teams. other than this normal scouting and em to check on 1st dec every year for players running out of contract. scout them for 1 month and on 1st jan offer contact to best once.

4. If i am top level team do as same just subscribe to top 15-20 teams only.

Note- this helps but from dec 1st to jan 31st and from may to aug your inbox will be flooding with messages. Hope this helps

Archived