Sports Interactive Community
Named

[1.1] CHL Group Phase issue

When I started a new game watched that in one group we got 3 teams from the same country. According to CHL rules it is not allowed? Riz could You have a look on this? Thanks. :)

"No teams from the same country (“national conflict”) can be drawn together in one group. Note: For the purpose of CHL Draw, HC Bolzano (EBEL) is considered an Italian team and can thus be drawn together with another EBEL team."

chl%20group1.jpg

I suspected another bug in CHL. Lulea was relegated to Hockey Allsvenskan and shoudn't play for next season in CHL.

chl%20lulea1.jpg

chl%20lulea2.jpg

I could well be wrong here but I think as Lulea are a Founder Club of the Champions Hockey League they automatically get entered into the tournament no matter what league they are playing in

The founder clubs in at least in sweden are only guaranteed a place in the tournament as long as they play in SHL

The founder clubs in at least in sweden are only guaranteed a place in the tournament as long as they play in SHL

Thanks, I was not sure whether I was right or not

The original issue of three teams from same nation being drawn to the same group will be fixed in the next update. Thanks for the reports.

Technically in real life the founding teams are only guaranteed a place if they still play in the top league, but for gameplay purposes that has been simplified so that the founding teams are currently always given a license to the continental league.