Sports Interactive Community
Nino-33

Crash June 30, 2017 - savedgameuploaded

Hi Riz

As soon as the new update came out I started a new long term (on vacation) save, with all Leagues Enhanced/Full Database

I got the "IN GAME_RINK:::get_faceoff_position() - Invalid position !" bug/crash once in December 2016 but got past it by manually simming for a few days.....

Then I got a crash on June 30, 2017 and could not get past it despite repeated attempts

I uploaded the saved game to the FTP server, save is named June2017Crash

started a new long term (on vacation) save, with all Leagues Enhanced/Full Database
FYI so last night I started another such save, but this time instead of saving twice yearly (late June & Oct 1) I just set Go On Vacation to October 1st 2019 and let it go, and this morning the sim is in 2018 and still going, no error messages or crash so far...

I have the exact same issue. I've left two games running overnight on vacation mode. One crashes at the end of June 2017 and the other at the end of June 2019. I've gone ahead and uploaded both saves.

Mine is crashing on the first season, brand new game with 1.1

June 29th and the Updating game happens, as soon as I click continue to try and advance to June 30th it comes up with the error and CTD

FYI - after two failed attempts (above) my third attempt at a long sim is currently in 2032 and still going; I now use date stamped saves every 3 months, and I've had a few crashes that I've gotten past by going back to the last save/reloading & then resimming or manually simming to get past the crash

Twice I've gotten the "IN GAME_RINK:::get_faceoff_position() - Invalid position !" error. I cannot nail it down but I believe it happens after I delve deeply into the menus/reports. Possibly something related to contracts/salary cap.

It is not consistently date related because I've loaded saves and gotten past the error with normal game play.

Twice I've gotten the "IN GAME_RINK:::get_faceoff_position() - Invalid position !" error. I cannot nail it down but I believe it happens after I delve deeply into the menus/reports. Possibly something related to contracts/salary cap.

It is not consistently date related because I've loaded saves and gotten past the error with normal game play.

I've gotten past the error message too (every time IIRC); I've gotten the message without going into any menus/reports (only to Save/Go on Vacation and that's it)

Tracking this down currently from the provided saved games and it seems to be linked to some special cases to do with league finishing positions and the continental competition team allocation. I'll look to get a fix in asap for this as well for the hot fix that we are planning.