Player movement in match engine

During my matches more and more recently I keep seeing examples of players either moving or not which i feel is totally unrealistic compared to real life and i feel this may be due to the player role i have assigned them.

However, the situations in which these unrealistic movements are happening should not be effected by the player roles because any player with half a brain cell would make the movement or not make it.

For example, i had my ST 5 yards inside my own half by the halfway line, he has 18 acceleration and 15 pace. The oppositions 2 defenders are 15 yards inside my half, moving and facing toward my goal. So as you can probably imagine my ST is basically all alone onside by being in his own half and all i need is one of my players to boot a half mediocre pass upfield for him to use his pace to chase and be in on goal. Low and behold one of my players actually players a better than mediocre pass for him to chase on to..... well you think he would. My ST for no clear reason decides to walk towards this balls and after a while start to jog. However the chance has gone because obviously the opposition have all sprinted back and shut him down.

I literally can never imagine seeing this in real life as anyone with half a brain cell would sprint to the ball, god i can even imagine Balotelli sprinting.

I have so many more examples but cba writing them out.

I have started to get very frustrated

If you have specific issues with player movement, please report it in the ME bugs forum WITH the PKM and the times the issues occur. It is all explained in a sticky thread there and the details are also in the forum header there.

If not, please leave feedback in the feedback thread. Thanks :)

Archived