Facilities and affiliates of a team from LLM to Premiership

Hello, I'm not complaining here, I've just got a couple of questions/remarks for my Solihull Moors save.

After a decade or so of in-game LLM football, I just managed promotion to the Premiership. While the team was in conference, I got an affiliate club with impressive training facilities, I think it was Loughborough University or something. So I was extremely happy to keep that affiliation since my training facilities were very poor.

Now being in the Premier League and having millions in the bank, I decided to stop the affiliation, so that I improve my training facilities (an option never available since I had shared facilities). Problem is, the option to request the upgrade is not there (I stopped the affiliation in June and now it's July).

Moreover, I have the feeling - from previous Fms that was the case - that it will take many years to fully upgrade the facilities, half a star each year. I understand that managing to promote a conference team to the Premiership is unrealistic, but since this unrealistic outcome is possible in FM, then surely a newly promoted club in the premier league can upgrade training facilities from very poor to decent in a year or so?

And the final thing that bothers me, the club has a longterm affiliate (Birmingham) that says my youth players share training facilities with Birmingham. What exactly does this mean? Is upgrading my youth facilities of no use?

Any feedback welcome. Thanks

Ok, here's an update. I went on holiday for 3 years now, each year trying to see if the option is there to upgrade my training facilities, and the only option is to upgrade my youth facilities. I have been playing this save game for over a month now, I'm very disappointed, I always rely on developing my own players, and having poor training facilities doesn't help at all!!!

I really need some feedback on what can I do to save my game here. Can I use an editor JUST to make the board request option appear??

• 4 weeks later...

Archived