Desperately Need Help

Thought I would start off with a little less of a challenge than usual and went with Man Utd but I am struggling hugely. Yet to win a game!

I have tried a couple of formations. A 4-2-3-1 and a 4-1-3-2. Here is how I set them up so wanted to see what I was doing wrong.

4-1-3-2

GK - D

RFB - Su

CB - Co

CB - D

LFB - At

DM - Su

RWM - At

CM - Su

LWM - Su

DLF - Su

AF - At

I have tried to go vanilla and no instructions at all. Below is the heat map from the most recent match.

22417968773_0b8fa22931_n.jpg

Below are the key passes:

22647027879_581f507136_z.jpg

I won't go into the details of the 4-2-3-1 just yet because the story of both formations is pretty similar.

The wanted to play a high temp style of football at one point. So was playing high pressure, high tempo, tighter marking but this seemed to make things worse so turned it all off to start with.

Any thoughts? Help is appreciated before the sack comes my way!

I did a United save on FM15 withy the summer transfer update so I'll tell you what I tried...

A slightly asymmetric 4-2-3-1 worked brilliantly for me. At home and against weaker teams away from home I played with Attacking mentality and away against trickier sides played Counter.

GK - De Gea (D)

RB - Darmian (WB/A)

CB - Smalling (CD/D)

CB - Jones (CD/D)

LB - Shaw (WB/A)

DML - Carrick/Schweinsteiger (DLP/D)

MCR - Schneiderlin (BWM/S)

AMR - Mata (IF/S or A)

AMC - Rooney/Herrera (AP/S)

AML - Depay (IF/S or A)

FC - Hernandez/Wilson (P/A)

Shorter passing, be more expressive, balanced tempo, look for overlap. With the counter system I just changed the left and right backs to FB/S and took off look for overlap. Nearly went the entire season unbeaten. I personally don't think United play well with two strikers. You could alternatively play with the three attacking midfielders on Attack duty and play Rooney up front as a False 9, DLF/S, Complete Forward/S or even a Trequartista. Just let them do their thing. They're a talented group of players who don't need loads of instructions to win.

Archived