EHM v15.16.0b: Disc I/O Error

• SI Staff

What save settings are you guys using in your game preferences for these saves ?

Also, does this start happening only after a certain point in your saved games and does it also happen on freshly started new games ?

Or were these saves started on an earlier version and then continued with the latest versions ?

Both saves appear to have a corruption in one of the player/club/staff history temporary files, so I'd need the above information to try and track down if the cause of the corruption can be identified.

Also, I'd need to know specifically if you were using the "save compressed" option in preferences and if you were anywhere near running out of disk space on the drive where you saved the game.

Compressed Save, Save Saftley and rolling file with auto save every month.

I loaded one of the back-up saves, two weeks before the error mesaages started to happen, and got the error messages at the same date again.

I've not started any new save since but this save was started on the latest build and my old saves works fine.

I don't know exactly how much disc space I had at the time, I've installed/uninstalled some stuff since, but I have 11 GB free now and I'd guess it was about the same before.

• SI Staff

Big thanks for those two saved games. I managed to track down a rare case of the saved game temporary files getting corrupted due to a knock-on from another temp files related issue that has since been fixed. With the next update, you should be able to continue the earlier save.

• 6 months later...

I'm sure there's enough space - it's a PC I bought just about a month ago. It's a game I started about a week ago and I'm a year into it - the cup first playoffs just ended. I transferred the save game over (samak3_IOerror). Hope that helps.

Ah sorry posted a reply here yesterday, not sure what happened to it. Anyway I uploaded the save to the FTP as samak3_IOError. But I also reverted to an earlier resave and haven't had an issue since. I had just made it to right after the first cup since I started (so a little under a year) and it's a new PC (bought about two months ago) so I'm sure there's room for the save.

Archived