World Class Players PPM's and Youth Delvelopment

Does anybody use PPM's to try and model youngsters on existing world class players? When I look at a young player and how I am going to utilize him going forward I always try use a world class player as a model for his development.

I've trained up James Wilson to be and Raumdeuter in the style of Thomas Muller as he is a great young player but I almost never play a system with either an Advanced Forward or Poacher which are his most obvious positions. So I am basically trying the teach him all of Muller's PPM's while training him in the Raumdeuter posistion.

He's currently got 29 goals and 14 assists in 45 games with an AvR of 7.68. Obviously Wilson is a player with a lot of potentially but I'm starting to think young players can exceed their potential with this approach.

As a bit of an experiment I've been developing a player called Sean Goss into a Regista in the Pirlo mold using the above approach. He's looks a real prospect IRL but he's not up to much on the game so I've decided to used the approach described above to see if I can develop him into at least a useful squad player. He's at a much early stage in his development then Wilson and hasn't played nearly as many games but he's averaging around 7.0 a game and is contributing a lot of Key Passes ala Pirlo. My coaches currently rate him as a decent championship player so he is definitely overperforming at the moment.

What are your thoughts on this approach? Does anybody use a similar system and have they had success with it?

Archived