Play Ratio Stats

Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you guys look at player ratio stats before purchasing players. For e.g. when i'm about to buy a striker i make sure his "shooting on target" stat is above 60% or 70%. I'm just curious to find out if anyone looks at these ratio's for any positional player and if so what percentage do you expect to see to make a good purchase.

cheers

FM FAN

Percentages no, because it depends on what role his previous manager used him in. Look for example at the passing completion percentage for an anchorman compared to a playmaker, mostly the anchor is going to have a higher stat but simply because he's laying the ball off to someone next to him most of the time. Likewise shots on target can be deceptive if he plays for a team where he often finds himself isolated and having to take a pot shot. Or if he plays for a team who often find themselves facing a parked bus and find themselves trying from distance.

In short I never really pay much attention to anything other than a players attributes and personality. In fact as I type this, it's is making me think that perhaps scouting should be modified so that in the first few viewings of a player are very much based on their current form and their current team. Maybe even the attributes you see should be affected by this and only becoming better over time... and not giving an attribute range but rather a definitive rating which is inaccurate.

In fact as I type this, it's is making me think that perhaps scouting should be modified so that in the first few viewings of a player are very much based on their current form and their current team. Maybe even the attributes you see should be affected by this and only becoming better over time... and not giving an attribute range but rather a definitive rating which is inaccurate.

yeah, but you've already got a basis of the player anyway due to the internet

I can read articles about how some Japanese 2nd tier player is a sharpshooter, which then suggests that he needs a finishing stat of around 15-20

then I can watch him in game, and see that he's missing a few shots, which then sets it at 15-18

and then watch him in training, to see him banging them in from all angles, 17-18

I do agree that you shouldn't give definitive values for players under scouting (particularly youngsters as they're inconsistent)

and then you only find them out after watching them for several months (or even joining you where they can be seen everyday)

and that should give the scouts a better rating, with some (despite having good JPA) being inaccurate with their stats (he might have 17s, but he'll join you and see 15s, when your coaches are watching him each day)

for the more established players, you'll have a better idea of their recognised stats (Walcott with 19/20 pace?) but not so sure on their other stats (Walcott positioning? can't be too high right, but not sure here)

and then you'll need to scout them to find out their filler

this would also produce more variety in the transfer market, with bigger clubs taking punts on young players showing good form (before they know everything about him - Smalling, Bebe, Lindegaard, Poole as prime examples)

Archived