Graphics on External Hard Drive

deyno1903

I seem to having an issue with installing my graphics on an external hard drive.

I currently have them sent up as follows :

External hard drive/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2015/etc/etc

I have set a Symbolic link on the sports interactive folder and place the link into my documents so that shows as :

Users/my name/Documents/Sports Interactive (Symbolic Link)

To add to this, I have my steamapps folder symbolic linked to my external hard drive also, but everytime I unplugged it my EHD I had to reinstall FM next time I loaded up steam. When I had the steamapp folder linked also, FM was able to locate my graphics.

I have tonight deleted the steamapps folder symbolic link so now my steamapps folder is located :

my name/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps

Since moving the steamapps to the default location, FM can locate my graphics stored on my EHD.

Any help would be much appreciated please.

• 4 months later...

I am sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, I have received a new mac for christmas, however the harddrive space is a bit skinny...

I would like to place all the graphics on an external flash drive which i will plug in when i play the game. How do I go about setting up my external drive so that the graphics are loaded every time i load the game.

Note: I have installed windows 10 on my mac. (apologies to any purists who i may have offended :D)

Thanks.

Follow the instructions here on how to change your User Data Location: How To Locate Your Default Saving Location

Then provided your external hard drive is connected and it keeps the same drive letter each time you plug it in the game should be able to read from the external drive. Depending on the speed of your external drive you might want to manually save the game somewhere else to speed up the saving/loading of the game.

Archived